“The only good thing in Jersey!!”
Review of Grease Trucks

Grease Trucks
Ranked #57 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“The only good thing in Jersey!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Yes they may be fattening, artery clogging, over indulgent, over stuffed sandwhiches but they are also so delicious and satisfying! The stick everything is a sub roll from fries to chicken fingers to mozzarella sticks to cheesesteak and anything else you could probably imagine! And they are only like 5$! Everything is ok in moderation. I lived about 20 minutes away from the Grease Trucks and it was the place you ended up after a drunk night at the bars. I always got the fat b%*=%. I think the grease trucks are awesome and since I don't live in new jersey anymore, I crave them from time to time. I've considered attempting to recreate them many times but never have because I'm afraid I won't be able to do it right!

New Jersey
“A University staple”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Typically filled with college kids at any time of the day or night. Open very late till about 3 in the morning and open for lunch the next day. I have seen families go here during the day but after dark this area is bombarded with college kids, which makes for an interesting environment. If you go to Rutgers or are visiting from another school it is well worth the trip.

• Visited December 2011
Somerset, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grease Trucks”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Love the sandwiches ( FAT ) everything taste great you get you whole meal in a sandwish burger fries, mozzarella ticks etc. Great for a college budget!

Hopewell, NJ
“You have to love the Grease Trucks”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I received my MSW from Rutgers in 1995 and would not have survived the tough schedule of full time work load and graduate school without the service of these lunch wagons. Fond memories

NJ
“Rutgers grease trucks deliver more than fat boy sandwiches!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I took my daughter to Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ for a tour of the five (count’em) campuses. We had heard that one of the best parts of being a Rutgers student in New Brunswick is the “grease trucks,” those restaurants on wheels that serve up some of the most fattening -- and unusual -- (and delish, at least to college students) fried sandwich combos known.

After the campus tour we backtracked to College Ave. and stopped for lunch. The men working the grease trucks where we stopped seemed to serve a lot of attitude with their fat boy sandwiches. No matter though. Once he realized we were newbies, the guy behind the counter of the truck we chose slacked off on his attitude some. We placed our order for a fat boy sandwich and cheesesteak for lunch. My daughter ordered a “Fat Darrell,” which is chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, french fries, and marinara sauce all stuffed onto a long roll. I’m not kidding. And she ate it all. I ordered a classic cheesesteak (not a “fat” one); it was good and filling. Yes. Filling. I wasn't able to eat any dinner. Those sandwiches have a way of hanging out in your belly until you're ready to cry for mercy!

• Visited October 2011