“A University staple”

Ranked #59 of 202 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Typically filled with college kids at any time of the day or night. Open very late till about 3 in the morning and open for lunch the next day. I have seen families go here during the day but after dark this area is bombarded with college kids, which makes for an interesting environment. If you go to Rutgers or are visiting from another school it is well worth the trip.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Love the sandwiches ( FAT ) everything taste great you get you whole meal in a sandwish burger fries, mozzarella ticks etc. Great for a college budget!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I received my MSW from Rutgers in 1995 and would not have survived the tough schedule of full time work load and graduate school without the service of these lunch wagons. Fond memories

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I took my daughter to Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ for a tour of the five (count’em) campuses. We had heard that one of the best parts of being a Rutgers student in New Brunswick is the “grease trucks,” those restaurants on wheels that serve up some of the most fattening -- and unusual -- (and delish, at least to college students) fried sandwich combos known.

After the campus tour we backtracked to College Ave. and stopped for lunch. The men working the grease trucks where we stopped seemed to serve a lot of attitude with their fat boy sandwiches. No matter though. Once he realized we were newbies, the guy behind the counter of the truck we chose slacked off on his attitude some. We placed our order for a fat boy sandwich and cheesesteak for lunch. My daughter ordered a “Fat Darrell,” which is chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, french fries, and marinara sauce all stuffed onto a long roll. I’m not kidding. And she ate it all. I ordered a classic cheesesteak (not a “fat” one); it was good and filling. Yes. Filling. I wasn't able to eat any dinner. Those sandwiches have a way of hanging out in your belly until you're ready to cry for mercy!

Reviewed July 9, 2010

Many a drunk college night have ended at the Grease Trucks. If you have never eaten at the Grease Trucks you need to go there NOW! Get the Fat Darrel.