“Bad Experience”
Review of Delta's

Delta's
Reserve with OpenTable
Delta's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond
Transit: 5-6 blocks from the New Brunswick Train Station.
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I will start by saying that we never got to actually taste the food so I can't comment on the food. I can, however, comment on the service and that was the worst that I have ever seen. We arrived at around 5:00 pm on a Sunday night. We were a party of 2 adults and 1 6 year old child. We waited several minutes at the front door before someone acknowledged we were there. We were finally seated at a table upstairs and given 4 different menus including a drink menu, a bar menu with martinis, the main menu, and the wine list. The food choices looked good. But once again we waited at least 10 minutes before server arrived at the table. I asked about a children's menu and I was told that they do not have one. I asked if we could order something from the bar menu like a cheeseburger slider and I was told no. I then asked if they could do a smaller portion of the regular menu and once again, I was told no. The waitress then said I could only order my 6 year old a full sized portion or I could share mine. Now my daughter may not eat an adult sized meal but at 6 years old she will eat more than bits from my plate!! I was appalled. We have dined out at many restaurants as you can see from my trip advisor reviews and I have never had this experience. So we walked out. There are a ton of restaurants in New Brunswick. Avoid this one and go to one that respects a family.

• Visited February 2013

“Not worth the Effort for Dinner”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Review/Ratings (out of 10)

Parking... 5
Service... 8
Food...3
Value...3
Drinks... 8

Overall I love,the atmosphere, the music is excellent... Old school. Clean, presentable establishment, mature clientele. Food was way over priced for what it was... Nothing by heart attack preparation fried and smothered chicken or seafood... really southern preparation but flavorless. We got there before the late night Friday crowd, 8pm, so were seated immediately. Server was very attentive and personable. Drinks were small, very strong and presented well. My red velvet cheesecake was dry and the food choices were just not my cup of tea. Tried it out on a friend's recommendation would go back back for happy hour and or the band but that's about it. Would eat elsewhere before going.

Really don't see what the big to do is about Delta's... Seems that it has gone downhill as far as food is concerned.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Too many negative experiences”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've been to Delta's a number of times, each time hoping for the best, only to be disappointed again. The issues are the following: I have been made to pay a cover charge to enter the restaurant for dinner (so I’m eating at your establishment and I have to pay to get inside?), friends that have joined our table have been told that they must order at least $15 worth of food if they planned on sitting at the table (sometimes people just want to stop by and have a drink with you, not an entire plate of food), if you are at dinner on the upper level, but want a drink from the happy hour menu, you must walk down steep stairs to get your own drink, as happy hour prices do not apply upstairs, there is a plate sharing fee, and rude servers more often than not. I'm sure I'm forgetting other rules, but in general, all of the rules make Delta's, frankly, irritating to dine at. When I asked why my friend had to order at least $15 worth of food, I was told by the waitress that they did not want to be perceived as a chicken joint. Well, nickel and diming your customers only seem to demonstrate that Delta’s needs to squeeze every cent out of its patrons. After about an hour seated, we were told that the booth was needed and that we should close our bill and sit at the bar if we wanted anything else. Ouch! The final experience that left me fuming was their Halloween 2012 party. I received an email from Delta’s with information regarding the event. The flyer said something to the effect of free admission before 10pm, and although I was there before 10pm, I was still charged at the door. When I explained that the flyer said otherwise, the individual at the door said that he had been taking money all night and that he didn’t know what I was talking about. I’ve been to Delta’s about six times (I really wanted to make it work!) and had exactly two positive experiences. I thought it was just me, but a number of my friends have had similar experiences, and refuse to dine at Delta’s. It really is unfortunate because their food is pretty good.

• Visited October 2012
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Martinis are amazing!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Martinis were great and the wings were amazing. They have really good happy hour specials and the food is nicely presented. The wings are definitely a recommendation. The bar tenders are also very personable. It is hard to parking sometimes which is the only downside to this small gem.

Visited February 2012
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Nice Atmosphere and Fodd”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Took my Mom to Delta's for dinner and the amount of food we had was great! We had fish, chicken and pork chops....absolutely delish! Our waitress Candice was ever so pleasant and made great recommendations, she was so sweet. We enjoyed the live music and relaxed ambiance.

• Visited December 2012