“Marginal at best for take out Chinese”
Review of Noodle Gourmet

Noodle Gourmet
Ranked #65 of 201 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ordered take out and did a google search for something nearby in new Brunswick. Delivery was extremely quick but unfortunately that's the best part of the experience. I ordered steamed dumplings and general tsos chicken and my wife got vegetable lo mein. Food had little taste dumplings were bland very disappointing meal.....inexpensive at least costed 23 dollars with delivery. Won't be back anytime soon

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We've been going there since they opened. Great food. Never disappointed. I try a different dish everytime I go there.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Nothing to look at. Great Cantonese food. The owners are great people. Very reasonable.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Noodle Gourmet is one of those places you generally don't go into the first time on your own. A friend will say: "This is much better than it looks," and you'll try it. Soon afterward, you'll be bringing your friends. You go in and order and pay at the cash register and will probably pick up your own beverage at the adjacent counter. The waiter will bring noodles and sauce, followed by your order, to the table. Tables and chairs are simple and there is minimal decor beyond the Chinese-language TV high up on one wall, often with a soap opera (I'm assuming). Food quality and freshness seem to be uniformly high. Quantity is generous, and there is willingness even at these low prices to pack things up if you can't finish it all. My personal favorite is a vast tureen filled with all sorts of veggies in a light miso soup plus lots of tofu. To this I add a bunch of hot sauce and feel virtuous. There are plenty of more traditional and solid choices as well, with chicken, beef, shrimp and pork. They make wonderful "bubble" teas and made-to-order cold drinks. Regulars are from surrounding businesses, the many hospitals of New Brunswick, and the university (although lunchtime is not peak student time). While the cashier is not effusive, he learned my preferences early and always makes me feel welcome because he asks me if I want "the usual", even when visits are separated sometimes by months. Be sure to ask for a bubble tea loyalty card, which gets you a free tea after about 10 validations.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My son and I ordered the Spicy Beef with hot peppers on crispy California Noodles and Chicken and Eggplant with LoMein. Both dishes were excellent! We live in North Edison and there must be dozens if not hundreds of Chinese joints closer to us than Noodle Gourmet but the next time I want a great spicy beef dish, I will gladly drive the 25 minutes to New Brunswick.