“Unique menu offerings”
Review of Clydz

Clydz
Reserve with OpenTable
Clydz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Street and Elm Row
Transit: The restaurant is just 2 blocks from the New Brunswick train station, on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line.
NJ
“Unique menu offerings”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went during restaurant week--very good deal! I had the petit portion of the kangaroo--slightly gamey, but lean, beef-like meat. Hubby had the 28-day steak--very large portion! I also had a special salad--loved it! Service was very good--our waiter Brian was attentive without being intrusive. Special requests were honored correctly. The only negative for us is that you have to enter the dining room via the bar, which was packed! We had to squeeze through many people just to get to the dining area. Don't know why the adjacent parking deck is closed--but fortunately it was a pleasant evening so the walk to the next deck was not a problem.

Marlboro, New Jersey
“Nice experience and a different taste overall”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The location is interesting and reminds you of restaurants in Ireland or England for that matter, which are located in the lower floor of buildings, basement in this case. The decor was precisely emphasizing the aspect in a tasteful way. The service was excellent and the food was really nice and tasty. We had the wild boar over risotto and the ceviche , fresh and well balanced. For main dish we had the wild Duck and the 28 days old strip which were really nice also. They have a good selection of wines, we always prefer BYOB places but in this case we made an exemption.
Over all this restaurant is a nice find for us we will come back again. Make reservations it will save you a ton of waiting. They are very famous for their martini drinks all sort of styles.

• Visited July 2014
“The best New Brunswick has to offer”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is like something out of a movie. I have been coming here since I turned 21 and it's a place that makes you feel at home. The staff is always incredible and Mike is always the best and truly knows how to run his business. The food is literally something out of this world with so many exotic options and items you can't find anywhere else there is always something to explore. The drinks though are just made with such passion and tradition that can be tasted with each sip that truly lets you take a step back and relax. Also the atmosphere is just something that just can't be compared to any place in town, it really is a hidden gem and is on my favorite restaurants in this world lol from everywhere I been Clydz is a place that I hold so many memories close and can't wait to always make new ones there with friends and family and share them the experience that you feel and enjoy at Clydz.

1 Thank DannyG07
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We arrived and the bar area was packed,the dining area is in back or bar where it is really pleasant atmosphere. We started with Martini's very nice ,appetizers Deviled eggs and the Tortellini wonderful with fresh peas .Salad with cranberries, nuts ,St.Andre cheese .Excellent. My husband got The Marrow and Filet and I the Scallop's delicious all the way! Desert bread pudding! Coffee ! The service excellent! Our server was wonderful I wish we had gotten her name!!!

Salisbury, MD
“If you like unusual food this is a must try!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Dined here last weekend with my girlfriend. She absolutely loved the drink list and said it was one of the best she'd seen.

As for the food if you are into game you have to try this place. I had the python ravioli and also the bison and boar meatballs for apps - both excellent. For my entre it was the game sampler - antelope done medium rare, venison sausage and quail. Loved all three particularly the quail. The service was excellent as well.

I highly recommend Clydz.

• Visited May 2014