“A popular place”
Review of Clydz

Clydz
Reserve with OpenTable
Clydz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 201 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Street and Elm Row
Transit: The restaurant is just 2 blocks from the New Brunswick train station, on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was packed on a Monday night. We ate at the bar because we could not get a table for awhile. The food was great and the presentation of the food was outstanding. It was pretty loud and difficult to talk. The bartender was pushing drinks on us, and I could tell why when I saw the bill. Pricey.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went here for my birthday and it was a really enjoyable experience. First off, I am 5 months pregnant so I wasn't sure if I would be able to eat a lot of things and I knew I couldn't partake in any of the martinis :o(

Turns out that the menu was eclectic but had a full range of yummy choices. Our server, Gene, was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the restaurant and the food. Bread/Butter to start...chive butter was soooo good!!! We shared the Python Ravioli and I had the stuffed chicken. It was terrific! My husband had the Kangaroo which he said was tasty but it wasn't his favorite. He had a Sake Martini which was amazing and they made me a Shirley Temple martini so I wouldn't feel left out not drinking!

Dessert was Pecan Pie which was fresh and delicious! I truly enjoyed it!!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

A group of us had dinner and sampled a lot of options. The bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp as an appetizer was very good but the bacon should have been a little crispier. The rattlesnake and elk chile and chips was very good as were the soups. Entrees from elk, to scallops to chicken to salmon to lamb were all excellent. The desserts left a little bit to be desired including the strawberry cheesecake that arrived with a tiny dollop of strawberry syrup but no fresh berries. The dining area is not huge but was surprisingly not too noisy. The bar area was packed.

For a special occasion this was a great place. Be aware that there is little for kids to select fom on the menu.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Met a friend for a pre-theater dinner, and picked this restaurant because it looked interesting on Open Table. What a find!

I had the Tuna & Avocado Tartare with wasabi mayo and pickled ginger as an appetizer, and the Kangaroo Loin with potato gratin and sautéed garlic broccolini as a main course. The two ladies split a Clydz Field Greens Salad (dried apricots, toasted almonds, St. Andre cheese and port balsamic vinaigrette) and the Australian Filet Mignon with melting blue cheese, bourbon-applewood smoked bacon, garlic whipped potato, haricot vert and whiskey demi main course.

Everything was prepared and plated impressively. The drink menu was extensive. The ladies had Old fourth Wards (Clydz vodka, Dolin dry, olive brine, blue cheese-stuffed olives) while I went with a Caipirinha.

We don't get down to New Brunswick for a show very often, but Clydz will give us an extra incentive to come back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our son and daughter-in-law took us to Clydz and we had a great meal. Their food is excellent with great variety. The wait staff was friendly, prompt and attentive but not overbearing.