“Great food”
Review of Clydz

Clydz
Reserve with OpenTable
Clydz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 201 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Street and Elm Row
Transit: The restaurant is just 2 blocks from the New Brunswick train station, on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A group of us had dinner and sampled a lot of options. The bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp as an appetizer was very good but the bacon should have been a little crispier. The rattlesnake and elk chile and chips was very good as were the soups. Entrees from elk, to scallops to chicken to salmon to lamb were all excellent. The desserts left a little bit to be desired including the strawberry cheesecake that arrived with a tiny dollop of strawberry syrup but no fresh berries. The dining area is not huge but was surprisingly not too noisy. The bar area was packed.

For a special occasion this was a great place. Be aware that there is little for kids to select fom on the menu.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Met a friend for a pre-theater dinner, and picked this restaurant because it looked interesting on Open Table. What a find!

I had the Tuna & Avocado Tartare with wasabi mayo and pickled ginger as an appetizer, and the Kangaroo Loin with potato gratin and sautéed garlic broccolini as a main course. The two ladies split a Clydz Field Greens Salad (dried apricots, toasted almonds, St. Andre cheese and port balsamic vinaigrette) and the Australian Filet Mignon with melting blue cheese, bourbon-applewood smoked bacon, garlic whipped potato, haricot vert and whiskey demi main course.

Everything was prepared and plated impressively. The drink menu was extensive. The ladies had Old fourth Wards (Clydz vodka, Dolin dry, olive brine, blue cheese-stuffed olives) while I went with a Caipirinha.

We don't get down to New Brunswick for a show very often, but Clydz will give us an extra incentive to come back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our son and daughter-in-law took us to Clydz and we had a great meal. Their food is excellent with great variety. The wait staff was friendly, prompt and attentive but not overbearing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We dined in the bar area at Clyde's, at a table near the end of the bar, which near the end of our meal was VERY busy and loud. We had to get pushy when trying to leave, as there were people standing pretty much on top of each other.
The food was great - unique options - Rattlesnake, Kangaroo Loin, etc. I stuck with a steak hailing from Australia, as I didn't want to get too adventurous with my choices and end up regretting it.
They have a large drink menu. My colleague and I ordered several drinks and really liked all of them - wish we could have stayed longer and tried more!
If I were to go again to dine, I'd request/wait for a table that was in one of the farther back areas to avoid the bar scene. For drinks only, I'd get there early in the evening to reserve a good spot. I'd dine/drink here again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love the staff, incredible unique menu, there's something for everyone, from amazing burgers and bar menu to fine dining and fantastic drink menu!! I've been coming here for over 15 years and its one if my my favorite places in New Brunswick!!