“Good place for change of pace - prices a bit high”
Review of Old Bay Restaurant

Old Bay Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 201 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Neilson Street
Description: The Old Bay restaurant is New Brunswick, NJ's premier New Orleans-style restaurant. Join us for amazing food, drinks, and entertainment today! Our dinner menu features gourmet Fresh Creole and Cajun cuisine, steaks, and seafood. Our award-winning draft beer list features 22 taps pouring the finest micro-brewed, imported, and domestic beer you can find! Enjoy a drink from our full bar; a hurricane or a mint julep will nicely compliment your meal. We have got a specialty drink for everyone! After 10pm, our restaurant transforms into a sophisticated nightlife sop with outrageous drink promotions and the best live entertainment in town. We have multiple festivals, events, and specials with tons of food, entertainment, and fun. It's never too early to plan for Mardi Gras - we always have the biggest and best celebration around. Join us for an amazing meal, fun drinks, and a crazy night soon!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had the andouille sausage encrusted snapper. My first thought was how do you encrust a fish with sausage? Well, you grind it up real fine and mix it with breadcrumbs. And darn, it tastes real good. I might try it at home. The lady had bourbon-gazred salmon (easy to figure out how to do that). She said it was good. I enjoyed a couple of beers - some of which are fairly high priced. (Watch out for ones marked 'glass' - they are not pints.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I liked how they have a large variety of beer choices. This bar/restaurant is a better bar than restaurant in my opinion. With coupons it is fairly decently prized but full price would not be worth it. The food portions are pretty big but overall, there are better restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Neither my wife nor myself really cared for this restaurant. The atmosphere was really nice. We liked the decor, it definitely has a festive atmosphere.

We were disappointed with the food though. She had the jambalaya and I the pecan crusted catfish. We cross sampled the other's dish and determined they were both lacking in taste (but not in heat). Both dishes were on the bland side. We've been there twice and came to the same conclusion.

On the flip side the servers were quite friendly and helpful. They were simply nice to be around...

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food was great and the portions huge. We loved the variety of beers. Some of the best Cajun food around, especially the etouffee. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary, and their silver menu (available weekdays) cannot be beat.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food was good, but not memorable. Limited menu, small. Good for drinks only I guess. Just average. Would I go again? I doubt it.