“Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Frog and The Peach

The Frog and The Peach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and The Peach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 194 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dennis Street and Hiram Square
Transit: New Brunswick stop on the Trenton Line
Description: The Frog and The Peach, located in downtown New Brunswick, NJ is one of the Garden State’s premier dining venues, recently named NJ’s best “All Around” restaurant for “its impressive New American cuisine” and rated fourth most popular restaurant in the state by Zagat Survey. Whether seated in one of the warm and inviting alcoves of this stylish, swank restaurant set on two levels, in the newly renovated outdoor Garden, or in the inviting bar area, diners will enjoy Chef/Proprietor Bruce Lefebvre’s modern American menu with a seductive international spin. Try signature selections like the Tuna Sashimi with cucumber salad and lemongrass broth, Black Truffle Gnocchi with almond basil pesto or Tea Cured Duck Breast with a jasmine rice cake, pea greens, shiitake mushrooms and smoked duck jus. The award winning wine list offers 400 selections carefully chosen by wine director Jim Mullen.
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went here with my husband for dinner. This is about our 4th time dining here. They have a nice bar area. The restaurant and drinks are a bit pricey so check the website first so you are not surprised. The food is always excellent; however, on this past dining experience I was a bit disappointed. I ordered a "tart" for my appetizer which when served was a flatbread not tart. It was very good though. I ordered the lamb loin which was a bit underdone for my taste and was no problem to return and have it cooked a bit more. The wine selection is vast for dinner choices. For dessert we had sorbet and was told it was chocolate by our waitress; it was chocolate banana so I didn't care for it. It is a good restaurant and nice for special occasions; however, we were seated near the steps where the waitresses stood and conversed during most of the meal which was a drawback for me. I would prefer the back dining room or downstairs next time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

New Brunswick, NJ
“One of Central New Jersey's Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

For our anniversary, my wife and I had dinner tonight at The Frog and The Peach, a fine dining restaurant in the olde town section of New Brunswick. What the occasional diner might not realize is that TF&TP is situated in the old Hiram Market District where in Colonial times and into the 19th century the ships would come in and the traders would do business. Now the area has just a few choice remnants of the past, especially the Christ Church and the Dutch Reformed Church only a block away. So when you come here for dinner, be sure to absorb some of the history as well.

Now to the dinner. As it is Friday in Lent, we had seafood. For starters we had hot house tomato salad with feta cheese and the charred octopus, as well as braised scallops. So good! we could have stopped right there.

For our entrees, we had the bronzino and the mahi mahi. While the entree portions are very small, your stomach will be glad afterwards. That way you can enjoy the dessert. We had some sort of oreo flan. It was delicious. With dinner, we had a bottle of Sancerre. Very fitting accompaniment to the fish.

The service was top notch: friendly, attentive, but not overbearing. the owner stopped by briefly. As did a chef who we know through one of our sons. All in all, we felt very cozy and well cared for by TF&TP staff.

• Visited April 2014
Westfield, New Jersey
“Great overall experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner excellent service . The restaurant has a wonderful wine selection . We were four guests and selected a wide range of food from and all were top notch. The scallops were very good, octopus worth a return trip and pigs ears were so tasty.
The chef is certainly creative and look forward to our next visit .

Visited April 2014
Rochester, Minnesota
“And the duck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had dinner with two friends in mid-November at The Frog and the Peach in New Brunswick, NJ. First the wine. I chose the Châteauneuf-Du-Pape, Clos des Busquières, 2010 and it was outstanding. Ripe fruit and earthy on the nose. Well balanced with soft tannins on the pallet. It paired extremely well with the duck entrée – more later. I started with the baby romaine salad. Bell pepper confit, dry jack cheese, sourdough croutons, herb vinaigrette . My entrée was the grilled long island duck breast. Fried jasmine rice with shrimp, Napa cabbage, egg, Hong Kong style XO sauce. And finished with meal the classic crème brûlée. The duck was amazing. The spicy XO sauce nicely complemented the duck while the shrimp added a bit of sweetness to the dish. Service was impeccable. Front of the house management stopped by the table to ensure everything was going well – always appreciated. I can’t think of a single reason not to dine there again! Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Oenophile99
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Worth the Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Frog and the Peach offers a gourmet dining experience that is not often equaled. I dined with friends there twice in February, but just now realized I had not shared the experience with you. The lobster entree on the winter menu was the best I have ever tasted. The "pastrami style smoked salmon" was enjoyed as well. The flat bread appetizer was disappointing. The service is well paced. My pet peeve is dining at an expensive restaurant where service is rushed. Valet parking is a plus if you are not familiar with New Brunswick at night.

• Visited February 2014