“Worth the Price”

The Frog and The Peach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and The Peach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 198 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dennis Street and Hiram Square
Transit: New Brunswick stop on the Trenton Line
Description: The Frog and The Peach, located in downtown New Brunswick, NJ is one of the Garden State’s premier dining venues, recently named NJ’s best “All Around” restaurant for “its impressive New American cuisine” and rated fourth most popular restaurant in the state by Zagat Survey. Whether seated in one of the warm and inviting alcoves of this stylish, swank restaurant set on two levels, in the newly renovated outdoor Garden, or in the inviting bar area, diners will enjoy Chef/Proprietor Bruce Lefebvre’s modern American menu with a seductive international spin. Try signature selections like the Tuna Sashimi with cucumber salad and lemongrass broth, Black Truffle Gnocchi with almond basil pesto or Tea Cured Duck Breast with a jasmine rice cake, pea greens, shiitake mushrooms and smoked duck jus. The award winning wine list offers 400 selections carefully chosen by wine director Jim Mullen.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Worth the Price”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Frog and the Peach offers a gourmet dining experience that is not often equaled. I dined with friends there twice in February, but just now realized I had not shared the experience with you. The lobster entree on the winter menu was the best I have ever tasted. The "pastrami style smoked salmon" was enjoyed as well. The flat bread appetizer was disappointing. The service is well paced. My pet peeve is dining at an expensive restaurant where service is rushed. Valet parking is a plus if you are not familiar with New Brunswick at night.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marilyn O

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always delightful.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Had my post Birthday dinner with my friend. I've being to F&P for many, many years. Consistently great service. Lovely atmosphere, especially on Friday evening. Passion fruit Martini wonderful, as always. Fix price menu was plentiful. Can still taste the creamed cauliflower. The best was the last - Creme brûlée. The staff just forgot it was my birthday. Twice. That did not make my friend very happy as she wanted to make a very special surprise. So... I did get a candle. And chocolate muffins. Three extra to take home for a day after. Still taste wonderful. Maybe next year the staff will be willing to sing as well. Who knows

New York City, New York
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I rate a restaurant based on whether I would go back. For this restaurant it is a NO.

The Service right from parking onwards was dismal. There was plenty of parking visible in the restaurant's parking lot and yet I was, brusquely told to go and park in the parking garage if I did not want valet parking. As mirrored by the parking lot there were a lot of seating options available none of of which were offered. We were taken upstairs, seated at the top of the stairs in a room that was as uninspired as it could get. The servers were polite, however, the person taking our order had to refer to his notes for the specials. I had to ask twice for the wine list and had to ask twice to get my water glass refilled. When we left seating and parking were the same as when we came in.

The Food was appalling. The bread was heavy and doughy and served with herbed butter that had a smell of freezer burn. The starter of Tuna Sashimi was ok but I have had better. My wife ordered the Monkfish and got 2 1" squares of fish and 3 mussels. I ordered the beef tenderloin and we had sides of Asparagus and pureed cauliflower. With the exception of the cauliflower everything smelled of either a bad or burnt medium. My wife had a glass of wine, I ordered the best and it was mediocre and served in a very small quantity. We did not risk dessert.

The prices were ridiculous. Given the quantity of wine at a price of $18 a glass the bottle would have made them well over $200. The steak at $38 would have been fine had it been as good as that at even a Ruby Tuesday or and Outback Steakhouse.

Definitely not a "Nicholas" or a "Lorena's"

• Visited March 2014
NJ
“Unique Menu, Nice Atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I recently had dinner at The Frog and The Peach. The menu was not very big, but the offerings were unique & creative. The atmosphere was nice but still relaxed, not stuffy like some restaurants that feature fancier fare. We sat in the screened in/glass enclosed section, which was heated and very nice for a chilly night. The service was good and overall, we had a positive experience. Good for special occasions.

• Visited March 2014
Bound Brook, New Jersey
“$1 Oysters!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Frog and the Peach is definitely a place to treat yourself to for a nice dinner. We went there in early January because it was one of the only places nearby that I knew had oysters. I was pleasantly suprised they had a special and were offering $1 oysters during the month of January. We just had to come back again at the end of the month to take advantage of the deal. The soups are also delicious and I loved my Cacio e pepe which you can't find most places either. The sunroom was a little chilly but very pretty. The service was great as well. We will definitely be back and hope for more oyster specials!!

• Visited January 2014