“A wonderful restaurant one notch below Stage Left. Expensive but quite good.”

The Frog and The Peach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and The Peach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dennis Street and Hiram Square
Transit: New Brunswick stop on the Trenton Line
Description: The Frog and The Peach, located in downtown New Brunswick, NJ is one of the Garden State’s premier dining venues, recently named NJ’s best “All Around” restaurant for “its impressive New American cuisine” and rated fourth most popular restaurant in the state by Zagat Survey. Whether seated in one of the warm and inviting alcoves of this stylish, swank restaurant set on two levels, in the newly renovated outdoor Garden, or in the inviting bar area, diners will enjoy Chef/Proprietor Bruce Lefebvre’s modern American menu with a seductive international spin. Try signature selections like the Tuna Sashimi with cucumber salad and lemongrass broth, Black Truffle Gnocchi with almond basil pesto or Tea Cured Duck Breast with a jasmine rice cake, pea greens, shiitake mushrooms and smoked duck jus. The award winning wine list offers 400 selections carefully chosen by wine director Jim Mullen.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A wonderful restaurant one notch below Stage Left. Expensive but quite good.”
Reviewed December 2, 2007

A wonderful restaurant one notch below Stage Left. Expensive but quite good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good all round quality food and wine. Bit pricy”
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Good all round quality food and wine. Bit pricy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“"...place needs more than a kiss.....?"”
Reviewed April 27, 2006

After reading the review written by the "Valentine Boy," I felt compelled to review.
After having dined at "The Frog and the Peach" thrice, I found the atmosphere, service and food EXCELLENT on each occasion.
I was so impressed with all aspects of this restaurant, I have voiced my opinions, verbally, to my friends & family , from NJ, NY, PA, TN and points west and south.
Thanks to Dante and Margret for introducing Lucille & me to such an outstanding establishment.
I will return, and expect nothing but the best!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious treat near Rutgers!”
Reviewed March 12, 2006

We could not believe our luck in getting a table at this highly rated place at the last minute on a Saturday night but boy are we glad that we stopped here during our recent travels through the Northeast. The restaurant is located in a old building on a charming side street near Rutgers. The renovations have kept some of the old oak and charm and combined them well with modern lighing and wicker chairs. A stop at the bar earned us tasty drinks made fresh, not from one of those nasty pre-made mixes. Also good wines by the glass, with bottles store properly. Dinner was terrific. Bread came hot from the oven, courses were well paced and the crepes with mushrooms and cheddar appetizer was a savory treat as was a fresh salad with anchovies and roasted red peppers. I enjoyed crispy skinned sea bass, the hubbster had BIG pork chops with a delightful demi-glace type sauce and our spice cake dessert al la mode was good to the last drop. Solid wine list (somewhat young). A romantic spot for birthdays, anniversaries or date night. We can tend to be food snobs and we'd go again. Total tab, with a bottle of wine, was right at $200 for 2.

2 Thank Girloadventure
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful”
Reviewed February 25, 2006

The food was amazing. I don't know about the other people who have reviewed, but my meals are always amazing. Whenever I take friends there, we have a great time and enjoy fine food. The service is great too. The waiters were friendly and prompt. Overall, the best restuarant I have every dined at.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member