“too much sizzle too little steak” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Frog and The Peach

The Frog and The Peach
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and The Peach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 194 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dennis Street and Hiram Square
Transit: New Brunswick stop on the Trenton Line
Description: The Frog and The Peach, located in downtown New Brunswick, NJ is one of the Garden State’s premier dining venues, recently named NJ’s best “All Around” restaurant for “its impressive New American cuisine” and rated fourth most popular restaurant in the state by Zagat Survey. Whether seated in one of the warm and inviting alcoves of this stylish, swank restaurant set on two levels, in the newly renovated outdoor Garden, or in the inviting bar area, diners will enjoy Chef/Proprietor Bruce Lefebvre’s modern American menu with a seductive international spin. Try signature selections like the Tuna Sashimi with cucumber salad and lemongrass broth, Black Truffle Gnocchi with almond basil pesto or Tea Cured Duck Breast with a jasmine rice cake, pea greens, shiitake mushrooms and smoked duck jus. The award winning wine list offers 400 selections carefully chosen by wine director Jim Mullen.
metuchen, NJ and Ponte vedra, fl
“too much sizzle too little steak”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

There really is not much to review when there is not much. We dined at the frog and the peach under the assumption, based on "reviews" and advertising that we were in for a culinary experience....not.
The quality of the food was very wanting. Readers, we have all had smoked salmon in any number of restaurants, prepared a little differently in each restaurant. This restaurant somehow has found a way to disappoint. The salmon was very grainy. The main course was equally lacking in quality. It was to be a succulent Rib Eye steak which turned out to be not marbleized but FATTY....and there is a difference. If you are smirking about the choice of steak at such a "creative" restaurant I can tell you the description of this dish was among the more enticing dishes...where has the imagination gone??
the staff was almost mechanical in response and presentation. I happened to overhear our server present the evening to another table and was amused that he sounded like a stepford husband complete with the same inflections delivered at the same dishes.
In conclusion:
Creativity...NO
Qulaity...NO
value..NO
Will I return...NO

2 Thank out2often

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great service. The food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2008

Great service. The food is excellent. A tad on the expensive side though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Branchburg, NJ
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

My wife and I eat out quite a bit...but I have to say this was the best meal / experience I've had since I can remember.

My wife and I were able to get a last minute reservation on a Saturday night. The location is within easy walking distance of a parking garage (they also offer valet). The building itself has a beautiful exterior and appears very spacious inside....although the "foyer" is quite small. But we were quickly brought to our table on the 2nd floor.

The staff was very friendly and very attentive. My wife is a big fan of fresh, hot bread...and most places have a "recycled" bread basket. Frog and Peach brought by on more than one occassion wonderful, hot, moist bread right out of the oven.

The menu had quite a few choices, but wasn't too overwhelming. I chose the organic chicken and my wife had a pasta dish...both with a soup appetizer. I more often than not choose chicken, so I'm used to the standard fare...but this was prepared with a wonderful sauce and seasoning beyond what I've experienced before. It was phenomenal !! My wife was equally pleased with her ravioli.

Overall, the atmosphere was very nice, the price was very reasonable, and the service / staff was great ! The only complaint is that we were both too stuffed to order desert...which looked amazing !!!! So we will definitely be back ! It also looks like they have outdoor dining, which will be great in the summer.

I don't normally write reviews, but this was an experience that definitely deserved some kudos.

3 Thank mrk4567
“Completely over-rated, but gets one star for helping start the revolution which turned NB around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2007

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A wonderful restaurant one notch below Stage Left. Expensive but quite good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

A wonderful restaurant one notch below Stage Left. Expensive but quite good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook