“Service was very good, food was ok.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Man Rafferty's

Old Man Rafferty's
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Man Rafferty's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 194 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Augusta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service was very good, food was ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything we ate was really good except my sliced steak. It was so tough! I could hardly cut it with the steak knife! But the fresh baked bread, mashed potatoes and veggies were so good I was full anyway. I heard their desserts were to die for, but we didn't get any. Looking back, we should have gotten something to go!

Visited February 2013

New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Overpriced Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here on a date after hearing good things from friends. All I can say is that is was way overpriced for what you're getting. The service was fine, but not outstanding, the food and drinks were generic. American cuisine is alright, but nothing stood out to me.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pittstown, New Jersey
“sparkling clean dishes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went to Old Man Rafferty's very late one night for a quick bite with a friend. We were one of the only three tables there. The empty tables around us, in our section, were already set for the next day. My friend and I watched while two of the waiters went around to all the tables and shined the plates and flatware with...glass cleaner. They were spraying each and every plate, fork and knife with an aerosol glass cleaner. The waiters were young and when I inquired about what they were doing, they said that this was what they did every night and that it was directed by the management. So beware, unless you like glass cleaner chemicals with your food, I'd consider eating some place else.

• Visited December 2012
New Jersey
“Lunch is mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are looking for a standard lunch with slow service but fantastic desert choices, then this is for you.

Visited January 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Get The Mashed Potatoes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a simple, american restaurant that serves decent food....the mashed potatoes and cheesecake are amazing. I would definitely come here again and again, but not for a fancy occasion.