“Great ambiance, excellent food, meh - service (but forgiveable).”

Aja Asian Cuisine and Lounge
Ranked #20 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Aja Asian Cuisine and Bistro is a pan Asian fusion cuisine. We provide an elegant and romantic atmosphere. Aja is extremely spacious and can cater to large groups. We bring to you the NYC experience. So come on in and enjoy!
City, NJ
“Great ambiance, excellent food, meh - service (but forgiveable).”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Located in Route 1, where former Fuddruckers (oh how I miss them burgers <3) used to be. The place has an interesting exterior, with the woodwork, and a very beautifully decorated interiors. The place is partly-owned by the ones who own Ganga in Route 34 Matawan. The food is phenomenal - they serve excellent sea bass, that lobster sushi roll (forgot the name), and decently boozed up drinks. Some of the portion size are okay, but definitely not gorge-yourself-eat. The place is a bit pricey, and the menu is pretty much similar to Ganga's (when I went, close to opening few weeks anyway). The service when I went was a bit slow, and the waiter seemed overwhelmed. This is forgivable though, as I know they are just starting out, so they need to get a better feel and handle of the crowd they serve (plus the foo, OMG is really good). I have to recommend this place, and also love the food that they serve. I hope you do too!

• Visited May 2013

San Diego, California
“Hip atmosphere without the attitude”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family took me here for my birthday because they wanted to try a new restaurant and enjoy sushi. The atmosphere is quite dramatic, a little on the PJ Chang upscale side. Definitely a hip vibe but no attitude. The menu is sort of pan-Asian with an emphasis on sushi. All of the items were good; I ordered the salt and pepper shrimp which was mediocre as I have had much better in Vietnamese restaurants. However, there was something for everyone and those who ordered the sushi were very satisifed; also the curry was very good.
The staff were helpful; when we arrived at 7:30 it was quiet but things picked up later even though it was the middle of the week.
We would go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cinderzz
“Best Asian restaurant in new jersey”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

New York city style restaurant with nj love. Me and a few of my friends ate hear and it was one of the best experiences I've had in a while.their sushi/sashimi was very fresh And the dishes were very creative. The bar did a great job with tasty drinks. You must try the oysters and the short ribs and the prawns. My wife I shared the duck with sticky rice and the tuna amazing roll and it was all amazing! Try it for yourself you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“MUST GO”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beautiful ambiance and attentive service. My sea bass was tthe best preparation of fish ever. Can't wait to go back again with my daughter who doesn't want us to maneuver entering off the highway. Comfortable seating in different areas, beautifully decorated and romantic. A welcome addition to the area. Elaine in Highland Park
♫♫♩♬♬♥

Visited June 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“New favorite place!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Food = outstanding. Sushi selection = new and interesting.

Service = not bad, but definitely not stellar.

I've been here 2x in one week. Second time was better than the first because it was a bit less crowded so our server was definitely more attentive.

First time I went on a Friday night, took 10 minutes to get a soda?! That was kind of a recurring theme throughout the night. I understand its busy but we waited a VERY long time to finally get our check. I would estimate about 15-18 minutes, which is wayyyy too long. Our server's english wasn't that great either but she was very nice.

Food is great, prices are a tad high but I dont mind paying... especially for that alligator roll :)

• Visited June 2013