“Always a good time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brother Jimmy's

Brother Jimmy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Brother Jimmy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 194 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Always a good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Definitely one of our favorite places to go- never too crowded, good food, good drinks.... perfect even if you're not a huge BBQ fan because you can always find something good on the menu.

Visited April 2014

Monroe, New Jersey
“BBQ well done”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have been here three times and have always enjoyed our meal The service is friendly and attentive. The restaurant is very casual and being it is right near Rutgers University it always has a large number of "younger people". The nachos are huge. We got these with the BBQ brisket and it was fantastic. Sharing one of these you may not want to eat but you will. The ribs are meaty and have a great flavor whether you get the regular or dry rub. The chicken was good but not did not have a great BBQ or smokey flavor. My friend had the pulled pork which he did not care for although he had it before and liked it. If you like BBQ you will enjoy Brother Jimmy's although I didn't find anything exceptional to include.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank BronxWanderer
Roxbury, New Jersey
“MIGHT go back there...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My brisket was ok, nothing special. Wife's ribs were very good. The sides, (cole slaw, fries, etc) were also nothing I'd have again.

I think if I was in the mood for BBQ and a beer I might give this place another shot if I was in the new Brunswick/Rutgers area.

• Visited July 2013
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Perhaps I am not used to having St. Louis style ribs, but the overall quality was not as good as baby back ribs. They were just okay. The service was fine but I would not go back.

• Visited August 2013
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Hit-or-miss food-wise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great spot that I've been to quite a few times. It's a convenient spot for Rutgers students and it gets really going at night.

The swamp water is amazing (and I'm glad I had my first fishbowl here and not SYF) and the fact that you get to keep the little alligator warms my heart. All the servers are super friendly, but that doesn't really make up for the fact that I feel like the barbecue could be better...

Came here for a first date on a Friday afternoon so that just goes to show you how flexible this place can be in terms of location usage!

• Visited October 2013