“MIGHT go back there...”
Review of Brother Jimmy's

Brother Jimmy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Brother Jimmy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 198 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Roxbury, New Jersey
“MIGHT go back there...”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My brisket was ok, nothing special. Wife's ribs were very good. The sides, (cole slaw, fries, etc) were also nothing I'd have again.

I think if I was in the mood for BBQ and a beer I might give this place another shot if I was in the new Brunswick/Rutgers area.

• Visited July 2013

East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Perhaps I am not used to having St. Louis style ribs, but the overall quality was not as good as baby back ribs. They were just okay. The service was fine but I would not go back.

• Visited August 2013
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Hit-or-miss food-wise”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great spot that I've been to quite a few times. It's a convenient spot for Rutgers students and it gets really going at night.

The swamp water is amazing (and I'm glad I had my first fishbowl here and not SYF) and the fact that you get to keep the little alligator warms my heart. All the servers are super friendly, but that doesn't really make up for the fact that I feel like the barbecue could be better...

Came here for a first date on a Friday afternoon so that just goes to show you how flexible this place can be in terms of location usage!

Somerset, New Jersey
“Yum Yum Yum”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went here on a Saturday and enjoyed every minute and bite! We had the Northern and Southern ribs tender and delicious! The Mac and cheese as well as the beans were also good.The cornbread was a little bit of a disappointment,,,still in all the whole experience was good and I would recommend this place.

New Jersey
“Awesome Nachos Plate!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Everyone's entrée food was good, but the star of the evening was the big Nachos appetizer plate. Super good nachos!! You gotta try it. It's large enough for four or five people. Service was good, atmosphere was nice. Convenient location near a parking garage and Rutgers University campus. We'll be back.