“Nice ambiance: Mason jars, ski ball, tin roof.... But”
Review of Brother Jimmy's

Brother Jimmy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Brother Jimmy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 202 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Brother Jimmy could use some smokin' lessons! Brisket lacking in moistness, flavor, texture. The "marbled" was pure fat. The lean was leathery. Take a trip to Texas, Jimbo, and bring your notebook and start in Lockhart or Austin.

In fairness, proper bbq passion not expected in a chain restaurant. With that said, the Carolina pulled pork was a safe bet. Iced tea was spot on, as were the baked beans. Cornbread lacking a corn taste. Coleslaw a mayo disaster. Table sauces were a thumbs up, though.

I had high hopes and was sadly disappointed by the experience in terms of taste and value. I'll probably go back for the ribs before i give up though. The best closest bbq short of TX in my book still requires a trip to richmond VA for Buzz and Neds.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

You will really enjoy the Brother Jimmy's in New Brunswick. The food is delicious, the service is great (cute girls), and the alcohol is plenty. My only objection would be the price. Since I'm in college, most of my friends will not want to pay so much for dinner, but that's just a small thing.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very bad. Our waitress decided not to wait on our table. After about 30 minutes of not seeing her, we left. Manager comped one appetizer and one drink. Very disappointing as we were looking forward to the food.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

There were 8 adults and 3 children when we entered for an early dinner and to celebrate a Birthday. We were Warmly Greeted and the young ones were presented Balloons. The waitress saw the "B"day presents and brought over a fish bowl filled with a "Swamp Water" and a lot of straws. Drink was weak, (but free) and plenty of it. The pulled pork was a big hit, soft, and delicious. I had the Brisket which comes either Lean or Marbled. I Chose the marbled because I like my meat juicy. WOW WOW WOW. The brisket was great and large portions. As my side I choose the Baked Beans with Pulled Pork. I can't do barbecue with out baked beans. I guess Platters come with a HUNK of corn bread. The Beans were real good as well. But the Brisket Go ahead and try this place. It was clean, fun, played great music. The staff was attentive, and happy to help.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is really busy and it is well worth a try. I really like the food as well. The bar tenders are extremely nice. The give you a lot of free shots. Must be a promotional thing. It is definitely one of my new favorite spots to hang out at.

1  Thank Davidson H