“Definitely worth a try”

Destination Dogs
Ranked #1 of 196 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Millstone, New Jersey
“Definitely worth a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

First off, let me say that I LOVE what they're doing here. The creative blend of flavors, handmade and high quality preparation, and amazing attention to detail are truly unique in the city of New Brunswick. One of the best parts about visiting Destination Dogs is reading through all the different flavors combinations (although we had, admittedly, read them online the night before) and choosing one.

My sister and I split the Bun Mi and Poi Boy. The dogs themseles are on the small side, but they are so full of spices and flavor that any larger would have overwhelmed the hot dogs. They sat perfectly in the bun (I can't stand when the dog is too short), and were cooked to juicy perfection. The buns were also toasted, slightly sweet like a potato roll, and even though they seemed on the large side, were the perfect size for each dog.

There was definitely a heap of toppings on the dogs, but like a taco, it was difficult to eat the dog and toppings together without shoving my face with every bit. It's the nature of the hot dog, but the Poi Boy (with its pineapple relish) turned out to be quite a mess to eat. I honestly couldn't taste too much of the individual elements of the toppings (for example, I didn't even realize there was duck confit in my Bun Mi), although each dog was delicious in and of itself.

However, what I don't love is the price. As a college student, $8 for a hot dog is not exactly a bargain, especially compared to other places in town. With that said, I think EVERY Rutgers student should try it at least once, and I highly recommend this place to visitors or tourists in town.

(They also have wonderful service -- everyone was so friendly!)

• Visited April 2014

“Great Dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

2nd time I've been here and each dog I've had is better than the last. Had the Conquistadog this visit and it was outstanding. Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. Only complaint was the beer selection on tap. Did not care for the beer we had and most were IPA's.

Visited May 2014
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“AWESOME FANCY HOT DOGS & SAUSAGES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let me start by saying this place is AWESOME!!! The food is great, the atmosphere is great and the service excellent. We had a waiter called David who was a worth of knowledge with the menu and recommendations of drinks. You have to come here. I loved everything about this place and will be going again in the Summer.
Just a word of advise: make sure you go "before" Rutgers University is in session because it gets sure packed and the wait is long for a table. We went on Saturday, May, 24th and we were sited immediately no wait at all.
The only con is that they don't offer parking so you have to park on the street but if you go at night you are able to park across the street in a parking lot.
Love this place. I wish the owners much luck in this place and have to stay they did a phenomenal job in every aspect.

• Visited May 2014
Ocean City, New Jersey
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

If you want a relaxed place to eat the best hot dogs, waste no time coming here. I have been here twice and absolutely love it.

South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Fancy Hot dogs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love the concept of the restaurant, and they make the hot dogs themselves. The atmosphere is great. For some reason, sounds in the place seem to get trapped and it can sound noisy in there. The hot dogs are a little hard to eat because there are so many toppings on them, but they are delicious. The bun can overwhelm the hot dog a little bit but you need a serious bun to be able to hold all the toppings. They also have a small game room in the back. I would definitely recommend the place and have been back a few times.

• Visited April 2014