“Wow! Yum yum yum”

Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2016

This was our first time, a group of four of us arrived on a Saturday night. Make sure to make reservations if you plan on eating before 9pm, parking is a real pain in the butt.

We started with their large vegetarian appetizer, and it was amazing!! large enough for the four of us. we were also started off olives, so good! the space is great off the normal beaten path for upscale restaurants in the area.

The salads that come with the entrees are less then impressive, next time i will try a soup. I had the falafel. I have to say it wasn't great, it was a little overdone, but the portions all around were great.

We shared two desserts, baklava was very good. Our friends said the turkish coffee was disappointing. but overall for a BYOB in new brunswick, large app, four entrees, two desserts, two coffee for just over $110? can't beat it. will definitely return, and look forward to it!

Reviewed May 14, 2016

Do not expect to rush. Food was excellent. Slow service but worth the wait. I live about 50 miles away, will think about going back. Parking is a chore.

Reviewed April 30, 2016

The good dishes are good, but not all the dishes are good, frankly, and the service leaves a lot to be desired.

The first thing to come to our table was a basket of pita bread, which was followed a good ten minutes later by a lovely selection of dips, but obviously the two should have been served at the same time. Then came some appetizers and salads, and since some of us had also ordered salad with our meal, we asked the server whether the salads were appetizers or came with specific meals, and his response was "I don't know--I'm just a busboy." Turns out that the Greek salad appetizer and the straightforward salad that comes with your meal are both tasty. My lamb kebab was OK, but I didn't even know that I was eating the wrong dish until halfway through the meal, because the server dropped someone else's beef kebab in front of me, and we didn't discover the mistake until the lamb kebab arrived--which was at least fifteen minutes later, so maybe there was some kind of mixup in the kitchen. (And the beef kebab was a little dry, so I wouldn't recommend it. It came with tasty rice but mushy couscous that I didn't bother eating.)

Then at the end of the meal the waiter dropped a dirty spoon on my back, and since we couldn't find it on the floor right away, he said maybe he didn't drop anything on me after all. Please, I felt it hit my back, and soon enough we found it hiding under my chair.

With somewhat more competent service, I'm sure I would have given my review four circles instead of three. But somebody needs to train the staff.

Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

I am fond Mediterranean food and this is good place to have it. They have private parking not a huge one but usually find a spot when ever we are there. It is byob so I take a bottle of wine along with us. Love Kafta Kabob it is great. Try there platter if you are 4 or more you get to taste most of the things on the menu. Overall nice place and would recommend.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

It was a casual family visit to Sahara for dinner. The ambiance and food was great.
Another good part is that they have their own parking space in the busy New Brunswick downtown.