“DONT BOTHER”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Street
Description: Enjoy all-day dining at Christopher's The Heldrich’s casually sophisticated restaurant & Lounge. Serving freshly prepared specialties to delight the discriminating palate. The trendy metropolitan bar is a welcome haven for savvy cocktails, beverages & spirited conversation. The cuisine & ambiance of The Heldrich are destined to be a favorite of locals & guests alike. Check out our website and Facebook page for updated Special events and packages with the hotel!
Sussex, New Jersey
“DONT BOTHER”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Yuck, tasteless. Way overpriced. Plenty of other gems in New Brunswick.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank sailaway22
Ashleigh L, Food & Beverage Manager at Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I would like to take the time to first of all thank you for taking the time to respond to Christopher's on Trip Advisor. I apologize greatly that your dining experience with us was not to your satisfaction but we are in the process of changing and re-vamping our menu currently with the changing season and I hope that you visit us again and give us another chance.

Thank you again and your comments are much appreciated!

F&B Manager

Somerville, New Jersey
“BAD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We 5:50pm. Had tickets to a show at State Theather starting at 7:30. Had a round of drinks, one couple split a salad and our very medicore entrees arrived at 7:12. Small cold sea bass and ok potatoes. Had to rush just to make show. Np coffee or desert.

A table across from us(party of 8) arived at 5:30. Half the table got their food at 7:pm the other half at 7:15pm.

Would never go back.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank lester201
Ashleigh L, Food and Beverage Manager at Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Good Afternoon! I want to take the time to sincerely apologize for the experience you had while dining with us at Christopher's. There are no excuses to rectify what happened and I personally apologize for the time you had with us. again, from all of us we apologize for everything.

Food & Beverage Manager
Vestal New York
“OK for dinner”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Ate dinner there on Superbowl night - only ones in the restaurant. Service was good but not anything special. Food was good, but not so good that we would go back, and dining room does not have much character.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank stangina
Ashleigh L, Food & Beverage Manager at Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you very much for joining us on Super Bowl Sunday in our Bar. Unfortunately, it did not turn out to be a very busy evening for us but we wanted to still do something a little special and different for the Super Bowl Game. Our restaurant has a great menu though with much to offer our guests and I hope you think about trying our restaurant or even Bar menu in the future.

Thank you.

F&B Manager
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Amazing food”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I went with a friend, got the escargot and duck confit risotto. For my entree I got the open seafood ravioli and my friend got the steak. We shared the garlic mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious! I can't stop thinking about the duck confit... it was amazing! good atmosphere and good service!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank kim_nj1205
Ashleigh L, Food and Beverage Manager at Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
On behalf of Christopher's Restaurant & Bar and The Heldrich Hotel, I want to personally thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything so much and are greatly looking forward to having you as our guest in the near future! Thank you again and happy new year!

Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Decent”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Went via a NYE package that inc. dinner and breakfast the next morning. I found the chicken a bit salty, but since I don't use any salt on foods it may have been just me. Husband had filet mignon and it was good but could have used a bit more mushrooms. Duck spring roll and veggie phyllo appetizers were good starters. The breakfast buffet was above average and included made to order omelets/eggs, french toast, waffles, lox, bread & bagels, fresh fruit, granola w/ all kinds of toppings, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, lox, and bakery items. The blueberry scones were delicious.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank black325
Ashleigh L, Manager at Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Christopher's on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you found the chicken a bit salty but I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the other courses in your meal. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Happy New Year!