“Rude Front Desk Clerk”

Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I called today to check if a room is availabe, she was soooo rude and didn't want to give me the prices, I asked her if I can talk to a manager and she said she was. Now, after I read the reviews, there is no way for me to go to this dump place.

Room Tip: Front Desk Clerk Rudness
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank abdel Z

Reviewed April 28, 2012

My group and I stayed in this hotel in order to compete in the New Jersey Regional Science Fair. well, all we wanted was a quiet pleasant stay at a hotel but instead we were struggling to fall asleep. One would think it would be insomnia or something but, no. There were extravagantly loud, inappropriate noises and gestures coming from our back door. Several people were outside of the room right by our back door.

As a safety percaution, we ran to shut the door and lock it tight just to find out that the back door does not close. we had a lot of trouble trying to sleep and this lack of rest might have contributed to our presentation the following day

Speaking of the following day, the breakfast was simply awful. There was nothing to eat as there were extremely limited options. The food that was served was well past expiry dates. In fact, the bagel that was served made one boy throw up.

I do not recommend this hotel to others because of the following:
- not roomy
- bad breakfast
- horrible location
- beer bottles
- smoking smell
- awful people outside of our room. (smoking weed)

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank aneekers
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel used to be terrible and maybe still is on the weekends but Monday night was ok. Funky smell in the rooms still but no prostitutes or crackheads and homeless people in sight so that's a plus! Stay somewhere else if u can but if you are financially unable to.. Enjoy the ride!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Ioanaligia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This place was ok 5 years ago, so I didn't hesitate to book it again when having to stay in the area for a funeral. This time it was dirty and the beds were very uncomfortable. There was a sign at the desk saying "be back in a moment," but we had to wait a very long time for the desk clerk to appear. The continental breakfast was just dry cereal and bread. Not a place I would ever stay in again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tag1000
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Needed a place to stay over since was going to Starland for a concert. Waited till last minute and ended up here, its cheap and we slept there thats all the nice things I can say. We spent maybe 8 hours there. It is a dump and it probably does change to an hourly rate after a certain hour, but it did the job for me and my bud. I would probably look elsewhere next time that we go down there, like the Days Inn which has a Hooters next to it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2011

As I´ve said above,never stay there even if it´s cheaper than any other place,don´t get wrong as I did,they rent room to any kind of people and it´s also known for being unsafe.I was assaulted and robbed there and no one even noticed it,there are no cameras whatsoever and if there are,well they might unplugged..the worst place on earth!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jose m
Reviewed September 17, 2011

If you can find it, stay at a different place. The carpets are... dirty is an understatement. One of the two chairs in my room was broken and had been arranged so that it looked ok. I sat and it sank with two nails coming out. I informed the manager and he said he'd take care of it. Nobody did for the rest of my 6 day stay. Service is poor. The front desk is discortious. I asked the room to be cleaned in a 3 hour window and wasn't. When I was at the front desk, someone (a stand up looking guy) asked for a discount because there were bugs in his room. He wasn't offered one.

On the plus side, it is safe enough for the price (50-60$). Inexpensive. Close to Rutgers. There is a diner across the road that takes 5 mins by car.

I very rarely write reviews, but would have liked to have been forewarned myself. So there. Stay somewhere else. There are other places in the area that for the same or similar price are much better.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Days Hotel Conference Center East Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ? Share your experiences!