“Dirty place”

Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This place was ok 5 years ago, so I didn't hesitate to book it again when having to stay in the area for a funeral. This time it was dirty and the beds were very uncomfortable. There was a sign at the desk saying "be back in a moment," but we had to wait a very long time for the desk clerk to appear. The continental breakfast was just dry cereal and bread. Not a place I would ever stay in again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tag1000

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Needed a place to stay over since was going to Starland for a concert. Waited till last minute and ended up here, its cheap and we slept there thats all the nice things I can say. We spent maybe 8 hours there. It is a dump and it probably does change to an hourly rate after a certain hour, but it did the job for me and my bud. I would probably look elsewhere next time that we go down there, like the Days Inn which has a Hooters next to it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2011

As I´ve said above,never stay there even if it´s cheaper than any other place,don´t get wrong as I did,they rent room to any kind of people and it´s also known for being unsafe.I was assaulted and robbed there and no one even noticed it,there are no cameras whatsoever and if there are,well they might unplugged..the worst place on earth!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jose m
Reviewed September 17, 2011

If you can find it, stay at a different place. The carpets are... dirty is an understatement. One of the two chairs in my room was broken and had been arranged so that it looked ok. I sat and it sank with two nails coming out. I informed the manager and he said he'd take care of it. Nobody did for the rest of my 6 day stay. Service is poor. The front desk is discortious. I asked the room to be cleaned in a 3 hour window and wasn't. When I was at the front desk, someone (a stand up looking guy) asked for a discount because there were bugs in his room. He wasn't offered one.

On the plus side, it is safe enough for the price (50-60$). Inexpensive. Close to Rutgers. There is a diner across the road that takes 5 mins by car.

I very rarely write reviews, but would have liked to have been forewarned myself. So there. Stay somewhere else. There are other places in the area that for the same or similar price are much better.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stranded by Hurricane Irene, I stayed here after my flight was cancelled and I had no way home. This place is a complete dump. Bed is ancient, stains on everything, holes punched into the walls and doors, pillows were flat as pancakes, loveseat was old, ratty and torn. I also suspect that they rent rooms by the hour. The hotel managers were not friendly and housekeeping never did make up the room. I booked 2 nights, but left after the first. When I got back late the first day and asked to be refunded for the night I wouldn't be using, the manager was rude and said he would absolutely guarantee I wouldn't get a refund and that I should have checked out by noon if I wanted the be refunded. If you get stuck in New Jersey, do yourself a favor and keep looking for a place to stay. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JLA_11
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I was travelling alone on business in the area and simply needed a convenient and inexpensive place to stay. It is close to the highway and is inexpensive, but there is a lot more to this place. After I checked in and went to my room I quickly saw a seedy element at the property. This hotel houses the homeless for the county and many are "hanging out" and roaming around the property. It is also a place for hookers and other low lifes to do their business. At 2am I heard a couple having a screaming match outside my room. When I asked the front desk clerk for a late check out of 1pm rather than noon he told me that if I wasn't out by 1pm he'd put my things in the street.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank njworldtraveller1
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Never stay at any motel on Jersey turnpike-armpit of the USA. Dirty rooms! Extremely noisy-think they rent rooms by the hour. If you get close to this exit-keep driving!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 7 in East Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ? Share your experiences!