“Pub at its finest”

Tumulty's
Ranked #27 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tumulty’s is known for providing the best value in Casual American food and drink. Our 10 Ounce Pub Burgers and Black Angus Burgers are consistently ranked among New Jersey’s Best Burgers. Our Prime Rib and New York Strip Steaks compare with entrees costing much more at other restaurants. Fresh seafood specials and vegetarian entrees provide great choices for non-meat eaters.Our downstairs room is great for private parties and meetings. We welcome Rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, holiday celebrations, cocktail parties, business meetings and seminars. Packages for dinners, buffets, hors-d’oervres and open bars are very reasonably priced.
Manila, Philippines
“Pub at its finest”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Late review - Ate here last June 2013 with my friend who toured us around New Brunswick. We went there late 9pm so we ate at this place. They served the largest steak I had at 20$ which was a very good deal that I had to share this with my friend.

The atmosphere was nice and cool. Considering it is my first time to actually be inside a pub. :)

The staff was also very helpful in helping us choose our meal there.

• Visited June 2013

pennington, nj
“Good for Date Night”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Low lighting, good food, good beer. What else can you ask for. Decor is dark wood, like a pub. Go here and avoid the rowdy college crowd elsewhere.

Visited April 2013
Triad, NC
“Disappointing - And My Hopes Were High”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I frequented this New Brunswick landmark often during my Rutgers University years in the mid to late 1970's. Tumulty's was a great place to go for a beer and burger. Their lettuce wedge salads are simple - lettuce and dressing - hard to get wrong. So what went wrong on this visit. I ordered the 'Tumulty's Dip' - a sliced roast beef sandwich served with au jus. My wife ordered a burger.

The 'Dip' sandwich was served and the waitress went on about her business. The roast beef was warm on the outside and actually cold on the inside 'mound' of meat. I immediately pushed the dish to the edge of the table, making it obvious something was wrong. My wife dove into her burger - which I tasted - and was actually tasty.

Many waiters walked passed our table. The front end manager walk passed out table - twice. My wife finished her meal. And soon our waitrees arrived to ask if something was wrong. I explained that the sandwich was cold - and probably microwaved and not freshly prepared. She offered to take it back to 'warm up'. I requested the meal be removed, since my wife had finished eating. She then asked if I would like my sandwich packaged to take home. Of course, I suggested she remove it from the bill

This was a disappointing experience. It was a Sunday evening and Tumulty's was not busy - maybe about 1/2 capacity.

And the beer was not very cold.

Sorry Tumulty's - never again. Maybe university students are a little more tolerant of poorly prepared food, but i am not. I expect a hot sandwich to be hot.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank agtraveler
Albany, New York
“Irish Pub in Jersey”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The lunchtime menu is fairly extensive including seafood, chicken, beef and other choices along with a selection of burgers. The specials add another half dozen choices to the list, so you would be hard pressed not to find a meal you like. Everything we had was tasty, prepared very well and served with a smile. Highly recommend this lunchtime destination.

Visited February 2014
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
“Good food, average pub”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went here for lunch because the nearby Hansel and Griddle was closed. I went with fellow people from the area but none of us had been to Tumulty's in years. We thought it was just OK. There were lots and lots of things to choose from on the lunch menu, and we all went with sandwiches. They were all good, especially my French-dip-style melty sandwich. The portions were good and the prices (about $10 for any sandwich, served with a wedge of lettuce "salad") were very reasonable. The pub was quiet at 12:30pm and we had the entire back section to ourselves. It was a nice meal but I won't be going back for awhile. There are too many other, better places in New Brunswick to eat at!

• Visited December 2013