“Finally... Great Mexican food in the area!”

Don Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Netcong
Cuisines: Mexican
“Finally... Great Mexican food in the area!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love Don Jose and I think others do too. It's always packed. You get large portions and they are accommodating with substitutions. The wait staff is always friendly and take the time to get to know their regular customers. Try the peach Melba drink...awesome! Guacamole is amazing too.

• Visited August 2013

New Jersey
“A Really Good Meal”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Three of us ate her recently and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very fresh and well prepared. I had the flautas, my husband the steak Cinco de Mayo and a friend had the steak ranchero. Everyone was pleased with the flavor and the portion size or their meal. They had strolling mariachi musicians that added to the atmosphere. The only issue was the beers were a bit overpriced.

• Visited August 2013
Blairstown, New Jersey
“the average rating is a gift...”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

the food tasted like microwaved leftovers and the service was the same... The best part about this place was the high prices!

• Visited November 2012
“¡Viva Don José!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Authentic food served in a truly hospitable Mexican-styled atmosphere. We have been coming since the restaurant opened and have only found it o get better with time. The managent now recognizes us as treats us like family, which is always a delight. We recommend calling ahead for a dinner reservation or you may wait; not that it isn't worth the wait!

• Visited July 2013
“Average food awful service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is nothing special. We went for dinner. The staff didn't smile once, not one person. Our waiter was so cold, almost robotic. I asked for guacamole with my order. My order came without it. I asked again for it the waiter didn't get it and went to talk at the bar with the other servers. My husband had to ask someone else to get it because our waiter never came back to ask how everything was. Will not go back. I want to go eat where I feel comfortable.

• Visited July 2013