“Took some first timer's out for the thin-crust”

Pete and Elda's Bar/Carmine's Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Neptune City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Milford, New Jersey
“Took some first timer's out for the thin-crust”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Haven't been there in awhile, because, it's just impossible to get in.
However we tried. My husband and his cousins have never been, so we took a shot.
A overcast, cool Saturday afternoon around 4:30 pm - the parking lot was packed, there were people waiting. Went to put our name in, and the hostess asked if we would like to sit upstairs - didn't know there was an upstairs, said YES and was seated immediately.

If I'm at Pete and Elda's, I'm having pizza, in fact we all did. Great as always.

Yes, it's a throw back to another time, very "dive-bar". However, all those people waiting and waiting can't possibly be wrong.

Glad we took a chance!

• Visited October 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Best pizza hands down”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

When in momouth county new jersey and you like thin crust pizza
you must try their pizza. Fresh toppings, home made dough and
sauce is unique and good qualitycheese make for the best pizza anywhere

New Jersey
“I do not know what all the hoopla is about this place”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We tried to go one night and called and they said they do not have much of a wait. When we showed up the wait was 1.5 hours and the hostess said they cannot give how long the wait is over the phone. We did not stay because it was just too long, so we went back during the week.

I was really expecting the best pizza of my life with the waits like they have. The pizza was so bland. We got a plain pizza, and it really tasted like nothing. The sauce had no flavor (like canned tomato sauce without spices) and the cheese was also blah.

The crust was paper thin and it was not soggy which was nice, but I hate having to dress up pizza with red peppers, parm, etc to make it taste better.

Maybe if we drinking it would have been better? I really do not understand why people like this place so much.

1 Thank Amy H
Freehold, New Jersey
“overrated”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

it is not the best pizza at the jersey shore. the crust is thin but not made with pizza dough but more of a cracker or matzo bread with cheese sauce. the chicken wings were over done made with too much vinegar. we also had the calimari that was made from frozen not fresh. it is a nice place but not for people who know good food. so try someplace else. if you really want thin crust pizza try the big apple in bayonne.

1 Thank rich k
New Jersey
“It's everything they day it is!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Everyone keeps telling me to try this place but, every time I tried to go, there was a 45+ minute wait. That should tell you something right there.
I finally got a chance to go.
We started with the calimari. Perfect and plenty. It was followed up with their famous extra-large, thin crust pizza. It's the best I've had in the state!
I will be back! (Even if I have to wait!)