“Refused to Accept Gift Certificate” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunsets Riverfront Restaurant

Sunsets Riverfront Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 53 Restaurants in Neptune
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Refused to Accept Gift Certificate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

A few months ago I purchased a gift certificate for a discounted price through a deal website to Sunsets. I had never been there before and thought this would give my bf and I a reason to check it out. We went a couple weeks ago and was told by 3 of the servers/bartenders that yes it was no problem to use it towards our food purchase. After finishing all of our food and drinks, the manager/owner (Im not really sure because she never officially introduced herself) informs us that since the place is under new ownership, they cant accept that gift cert. I looked at her with shock; 3 people told us it was fine, and the only reason we drove 20 minutes to go to this place was because of this certificate. She refused to accept it even though it really is not my problem the deal site didnt contact me to tell me they were no longer taking it. Any business owner should know that the customer is typically right and in this instance, we most definitely were. Its her responsibility to first off, inform her staff that they dont accept it and in the event that a patron is told they can use it, she most certainly should be accommodating them. Because I can tell you for sure I will never step foot in this place again and will let my friends know about my experience. It really sucks that this manager was so stingy, because the food was good. But there are much better places, with better crowds, that we will be visiting in the future.

• Visited May 2014