“Don't visit on a Sunday”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Clancy's

Clancy's
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Neptune
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
south river,nj
“Don't visit on a Sunday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've been here a couple times this summer and am avoiding it unless with certain friends. Sunday seems to be the day where the staff just doesn't care or bother trying. The last time I was here end of May, we waited almost an hour after we ordered for our food. The waitress who started with us just shifted to another end of the bar after getting our drinks and never came back. When we finally placed our order we were ignored till we finally asked about our food and were told there was a big party in the other room and THEY CAME FIRST!. Well after that attitude and the crappy service I swore I'd never return. I wrote an e-mail to the manager and never received a reply. My friends went there again last Sunday and we had problems again. The place was very slow and service was crappy again. The only redeeming factor is the Sushi Bar within the restaurant, The Sushi master takes his portion of the business seriously and his quality is outstanding. I wish he had his own business as I might have a better chance of persuading my friends to avoid this place. Guess the owner just doesn't care.

• Visited July 2014

Belmar, New Jersey
“Friendly pub place with great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I joined another couple for drinks and dinner at Clancy's. The bartenders were attentive and there were many TV's to watch sports, news etc. My wife and the other couple just had hamburgers. One was the 'man-eater' and it was large. They all said the burgers were great. I had one of the specials, shrimp, sausage, chicken and broccoli-rabe over penne. It was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and service was great. Clancy's is the sister restaurant to the famous Kelly's also in Neptune.

• Visited June 2014
Smithville, New Jersey
“Not a bar person, so you may like it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stopped here after spending the day in Asbury Park listening to great music! It was spur of the moment and truly I would have looked for something else if I had more time...

I am not the biggest fan of bars and/or bar food but this place was okay. The seating area is not that big and the chairs are surprisingly low. Bar is a bar - at one point "Suspicious Minds" came on and someone at the bar said "We're caught in a trap" about three notes in and I think I'm the only one who heard him. It was funny to me but highlights the fact that there are people having a good time at the bar - once again, depends on what you like. Wait staff is very attentive, but not too much. Menu is extensive, we both had turkey clubs with very nice turkey (and all that entails a turkey club). They have tater tots, too. I believe they're deep fried so they were extra good.

It was a good quick meal. If you're looking for pub food this is your place.

Visited June 2014
Ocean Grove, N. J.
“Irish New Year's at Clancy"s”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is the second year we have shared Irish New Year's at Clancy's which is a local pub.
We were treated to hats, noise makers, and a fun crowd including most of our neighbors..
It is a great time singing both American and Irish songs and welcoming 2014 at 7 which is New Year's in Ireland..Clancy's closes at 9...at that time we go back to our Inn...

• Visited December 2013
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Great place to watch football and enjoy the energy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went to Clancy's with 12 friends to watch Sunday football. We enjoyed the special priced menu, especially the sliders. Great customer service and friendly local pub. Had an awesome time and will be back! Thank you

• Visited December 2013