“Comfortable stay”

Red Roof Inn Neptune
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed only one night at this Days Inn while in the area for a wedding. The room was neat and clean. We stayed on the second floor, which I recommend so that you don't hear people walking above you. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2009

Hotel is only a few miles from the beach. I visited this hotel while visiting friends who live in the area.

The room was actually rather large. It was very clean although the paint on the walls could use a little of a touch up. The room also had a refrigerator which looked like it had seen better days but still worked well. The bedding looked like it was new. However beware of the shower curtain rods as the one in my room wasn't very sturdy. It wasn't a Hilton or Hyatt, but it did the job and was worth the price.

This was also in the better part of Neptune. Since I used to live in Neptune, I was kind of worried when I saw the address. But it was far enough from the rough section of town, that I didn't worry about safety.

Next time I travel to visit, I will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for Bridgefest, our church's annual beach gathering down at Ocean Grove. This hotel was very close (maybe 5-10 min. down the road) and just off of Route 18. The front desk attendant was very helpful, made sure there was enough food out for the continental breakfast, and always greeted us when we walked through. We decided to stay here rather than in Ocean Grove because the rooms were much less expensive and we couldn't justify the extra $200 for the weekend. Plus the rooms were much larger than the bed and breakfasts we saw online. (Keep in mind, though, that once you leave Ocean Grove, it's tough to find another parking spot when you go back. ) We did have a few issues at the Days Inn, though, such as our room keys quit working twice (once in the afternoon and once at midnight) and my husband had to run up to the office to get them re-magnetized. Also, the cleaning crew were always just outside our door and whenever we went out, they asked if we were leaving. I guess you could look at this as a positive since every day our rooms were cleaned, bed made, and towels re-stocked. So if you're looking to stay near the beach but not on it, have a nice cool room to return to at night, and aren't looking for malls or restaurants within walking distance, this is a great little place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Good spot for an overnight stay. My son and I were attending a basketball tournament in Neptune and we needed a no-frills place to stay overnight. Room was clean and had been recently updated. Bathroom had all new fixtures. Front desk personnel were helpful and friendly. Paid $79 (tax included-AAA rate) but this was the weekend before Memorial Day, so I'm sure the price has gone up since. A mall is located about 2 miles from the motel and has the typical McDonald's and Applebees etc. The only downsides were that this is a drive up style motel. I prefer the enclosed type hotel. It 's not that I ever felt unsafe, but you can hear all the foot traffic going past your room. Also, there are no ice machines located in any of the buildings. If you have a cooler, you have to drive to the front lobby and use the only ice machine in the complex located in the front lobby. A few more ice machines would have been helpful. Other than that, we had a comfortable, overnight stay.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2008

we had a reservations for two rooms @ this location. We requested to view the rooms before we checked in.The owner went crazy told us we could not view the rooms,that he would take our deposits on our credit cards and told us to leave his place of buiness. When we reused to leave with out our rooms being removed from the credit card. The police was called report # 2008-00026256. Days Inn headquarters was informed they said it was noting they cold do. all of this was racial based on the statements that were made: filed notice with state's attorney general ofice, there was no place that we knew of in Neptune that would take a report. We went to city hall spoke with the municial clerk any suggestion pls contact bg809@hotmail.com

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We stayed there for 3 nights, 7/7-7/11/08. Our group had 2 rooms right next to each other. The 4 teenage girls shared the room with 2 double beds while my husband and I had a king size.

We were on the 1st floor, right across from the pool. Our room was particularly nice as it was a handicapped room, and had a very large bathroom. The girls' bathroom was much smaller and the shower was not nearly as nice as ours.

Rooms were neat and clean. Towels are very small, and we had to ask for extras several times as we also used them for the pool.

the "daybreak" breakfast was fine, just the basics...cereals, bagels, muffins, fruit, juice.....

Motel is close to beaches, stores, restaurants and Six Flags.

The price was reasonable for the Jersey shore in the summer (less than $90 per room per nite with AAA discount)

Staff was friendly and helfpul.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We reserved three rooms through Expedia - King Size - Non-Smoking which were confirmed through email. When we arrived I was given a smoking room with double beds. Upon opening the door to the room the disgusting smell of cigarette smoke poured out. The manager would not change my room as he said there was nothing else available. He gave me an aerosol can of something that I was supposed to spray in the room and then "get out for at least 10 to 15 minutes". When we pulled back the blankets to the bed there were burn holes in them. The screen in our bathroom window had a large hole in it. We will definitely never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pavlu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Neptune? Share your experiences!