“Not bad for a cheap motel..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Neptune

Red Roof Inn Neptune
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Bergenfield, New Jersey
“Not bad for a cheap motel..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Upon arrival this motel looked new or recently renovated, which was a nice surprise. It wasn't dingy or deteriorating. The main reason we chose this motel was because they allowed dogs ( $10 pet fee each), which is almost impossible to find, and for a low fee). We arrived late so we couldn't use the pool but it looked cute and clean. Our bedroom was modern and looked clean but the room was a bit damp and smelled odd. The blankets on the bed were not anything special, and we ended up having to remove one off the bed completely because it was itchy and horrible. The bathrooms could have used some cleaning, there were hairs on the tile that were NOT mine. Complimentary breakfast was held in a small back room behind the office, and included some cereal, assorted pastries,toast,bagels (all of which looked old), and hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Walked in and took shower. There was mildew. I guess that's tolerable. I just woke up and saw bed bugs on my pillow at 4am. It's late and I have to get up at 5 am and they have all my money already b/c I paid in full on Hotwire.com. I guess I won't trust the quality on theat website anymore.
Room in 200s block. I believe if one room on the block has it. They all have it.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Neptune hotels

Union City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I are frequent travelers and we always double check our bed for bugs! Looking under the fitted sheet and even ifting the mattress!
Room seemed very clean BUT upon going to bed, my husband felt a bite on his arm. We turned on the lights and found a BED BUG! We took it to the front desk in a plastic cup and demanded our money back! There was no apology, luckily we still had all our stuff in our small overnight bags! SImply disgusting!!! How this place stays in business I have no idea!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MMartin577
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Was at the hotel for 4 hours max. Room 101. Lying down to go to sleep and had what felt like a bite to my neck. After 3 or 4 more "bites" I sat up and looked at my pillow and there was a bed bug on my pillow. I woke up my children in the next bed and under there pillow were more bed bugs. Looking at the wall behind their bed were MORE bed bugs. On the table between the beds there were MORE bed bugs. I went to the manager and demanded a refund and was NEVER apologized to and instead was told I had FIVE minutes to get out of the room. I had to go through all my things on the sidewalk outside of the room to make sure I wasn't bringing any bed bugs home. Absolutely despicable.

Room Tip: do not stay in 101
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jodi R
Westchester, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Days Inn in Neptune. First time (Memorial Day weekend 2011) I stayed in the "back" rooms which I was satisfied with. I decided to return this weekend even though I was reluctant about staying after reading March 2012 review about bugs. I stayed in room 105 and examined the room for 20 mins........ it was very very very very clean. I could smell the clorox (one of my favorite smells). No bugs, clean bathroom, clean/fresh sheets, clean pillows, etc. Staff were "short" at first, but once you warm up to them they are quite pleasant. Cleaning staff (mother and father?) were VERY sweet and cleaned the room thoroughly. I am happy to report I was more than satisfied with my stay. I'll be back soon! TY.

Room Tip: 105 was a great room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank LilJ21
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel has bugs in the rooms and I was bite, if you absolutely have to stay here because it is affordable then I understand but I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my dog.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diandra B
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Crashed here late evening. First hotel on an around the continent trip. Trying to keep it cheap, I checked out a Day's Inn for the first time. Actually, not a bad deal; $69 and change for the night, free wi-fi, cable with flat panel and HBO, fridge and microwave, decently clean and direct access from room to car. Neighbors are quiet (funeral home) and setting is suburban. A bit of a drive to eating establishments, but there are several convenience stores within a mile, or so.
I read the other reviews, and wonder at the veracity of a couple: What the owners being Indian has to do with anything probably reflects more on the reviewer's bias than the quality of the hotel. Perhaps their bedbugs and smells were fleas from their own dogs, and hateful body odor. I found the room okay clean and quite neat. As for the 'food shelf' description of the breakfast? I've served some pretty darn good meals at a food shelf.
Bottom line? It ain't the Ritz or even a Triscuit, but it was a neat, quiet, dry, warm and inexpensive night in joisey.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have good lighting for cars and rooms are set back far enough from the highway so...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Super 8 Asbury Park
Super 8 Asbury Park
#6 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Neptune? Share your experiences!