Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$125
Priceline$125
Hotels.com$125
eDreams$125
FindHotel$125
ZenHotels.com$127
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2007

I stayed at the Days Inn last month.

Background: I'm from Neptune, NJ. I moved out of state 4 1/2 years ago. I come back to town frequently as most of my friends and family are there. I don't like to put people out (although, I'm told it wouldn't), I prefer to stay at a hotel. I often pass the Days Inn while driving and although, it look fine, I have never had a desire to stay there. I drive 10 minutes farther and stay at the Red Roof Inn most of the time, which is about give or take $10-$20 more a night. On my visit last month, I decided why pay $10 more when the Days Inn is closer. I've had problems with cold rooms, noise at Red Roof, so why not try the Days Inn. Well driving into the parking lot and seeing only 1 car felt weird. I went inside and was surprise to be greeted with what did I need? I explained that I made a reservation. I was asked for my I.D. It was more in the tone. I supplied my driver's license forgetting for a moment that there was a $6 savings if you were a government employee (which I am) or was a member of AAA (which I am). He responded, your government I.D. I provided him with my government I.D. He turned in up, down and around. He said you sure this is a government I.D.? It doesn't look like one. I have been a government employee for over 15 years. A man who had been sitting in a chair behind him (his brother?) said let me see it. I really didn't want to stay there and this wasn't helping. I wanted to ask for a refund and just pay more money to stay somewhere else where I would feel more comfortable. He finally realized it was a government I.D. and gave me my keys and I was off to find my room at this deserted hotel. No exaggeration, there was one car in the parking lot. Mine made two.

The volume on the television in my room changed each time I changed the channel. So if you flip channels like me and you plan to watch television, this will definitely be an inconvience.

The room wasn't as upadated as I expected it to be as I don't recall the hotel being there that long.

Internet was slow; therefore, it was useless.

Ok. I arrived late and there was a small window in my bathroom that I could not see out. It made me very uncomfortable.

I never leave a hotel messy, but I found myself putting things back as I found them because it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't find say the remote control to the t.v. or telephone book, they would attempt to bill for it.

When I went to check out, there was a lady (I assume the wife) on the telephone. Although she was on the phone, she didn't acknowledge me in anyway. The person was having difficulty understanding her on the telephone. After standing there 15 minutes and seeing that the call was not close to ending, I laid the keys on the counter and left.

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Date of stay: October 2007
1  Thank kadickerson
Reviewed September 20, 2007

We stayed in this Days Inn for a week. It was perfect for our little vacation. It is very clean, there's nothing outstanding about the management, but they weren't bad at all. The continental breakfast was cereal and bagels. I have no complaints about it at all. It's not super fantastic, but it's perfect for the price. If you are looking for a nice, clean and decently priced hotel that doesn't have bells and whistles this is it.

Date of stay: September 2007
Reviewed October 16, 2006

My band was playing at a club in Asbury Park, and rather than stay at an overpriced "resort" hotel or one of the scary independent hotels, we decided to stay here, about 10 minutes from the club.

Everything was clean, which is the most important thing to me. The room appeared recently remodeled and was in good condition. The mattress was comfortable and firm. Although we didn't have much contact with them, the staff seemed cordial and friendly. My only complaint would be the extremely loud air conditioning/heating system. Everything else was fine.

The hotel cost us $80 on an off-season (October) Saturday. I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to those who are staying in the Asbury Park area.

[""]

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nonesuch2006
Reviewed September 18, 2006

We were forced to stay here for three nights, Sep. 5-8. My father was in ICU at a nearby hospital and we told the manager that we would need a somewhat open-ended stay as we didn't know when he would get out of the hospital. The location of the motel was convenient to the hospital, and although the continental breakfast consisted of donuts and coffee and the carpet of the room always felt damp, we felt that in a time of family crisis it was suitable. The motel was virtual unoccupied our entire stay (possibly 5-6 cars in the lot at any time). Although we had told them that we would extend our stay, on the morning of the fourth day the manager's wife called the room and, without even a good morning, said "Check out was at 11am". I explained (again) that we were not checking out because of our family emergency. She said, well, the rate goes up today. I asked if we could get our same rate extended since we were there for the hospital, since it seemed they were unoccupied, and since we had already spent several hundred dollars with them. She started yelling for her husband (without putting me on hold or even covering the phone), and when he came on the phone he was even more rude than she was. I explained (again) the reasons we would like to stay and the reasons why I was requesting that the rate not go up on us. He started arguing with me and told me to come down to the office to look at his books and see how busy the motel was. I told him that I would check with my mother (who was at the hospital) and call him back. He said "When? You are already 30 minutes past check-out." I replied that since we hadn't planned on checking out and just found out the rates were being raised 2 minutes prior, it might take a couple of minutes for us to get the situation sorted out. After I hung up with him, I realized it wasn't worth our time or money to be dealing with such an unprofessional, unsympathetic man in the midst of our family crisis. I packed our bags and moved to the Ocean View Inn, right off the beach. The innkeeper there, Neal, was a model of professional and caring attitude.

When I drove past the Days Inn over the weekend (his VERY BUSY weekend), it was virtually deserted, as it was when we were staying there.

There is absolutely no reason to stay in this motel.

Date of stay: September 2006
1  Thank aep22
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Very dirty rooms, smell was terrible. I booked a non-smoking room, but they insisted I booked a smoking room. Even after showing them my confirmation that i had booked a non-smoking room they refused to give me non-smoking. They told me I had pre-paid and there was nothing I could do about it now. Luckily another person I was travelling with traded rooms with me.

In generally the room smelled and the pool was falling apart. The management was rude and unwilling to help.

2  Thank JustTravlin