Red Roof Inn Neptune
Crystal Inn(Neptune)
38 Motel(Belmar)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsasbury parksam patelgreat place to staytruck parkingfree bottled watercleaning crewquick weekendhotel staff isthe jersey shorebusy highwaygreat poolfridge and microwaveclean roomsnice roommin drivewi fifront desk manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My wife and my two dogs decided to take a trip to the shore on a whim this past Labor Day weekend. I found this hotel, read the reviews and figured it wouldn't be a bad deal for a couple nights. The rooms are foul and the perfumed air freshener does a horrible job masking it. My wife and I felt like we were getting bit by bed bugs on the second night and it seems that one of my dogs couldn't stop hacking, wheezing, and coughing, due to the stale, stinky, un-fresh air in the room. We thought that she may have caught kennel cough but when we checked out and started riding with the car window down, the symptoms miraculously went away. I'm pretty sure it was the condition of the room and I now feel bad that I brought my wife and dogs there. I saw the maids (the Indian family) "cleaning" the rooms but surprisingly it only took them 5 minutes to clean a room, and they didn’t even seem to change the comforters. For a hotel that allows dogs, you would think that they’d clean the heck out of the rooms. Also, this morning as I was walking my dog, Mama-san and Papa-san seemed to be staring at me like I owed them money and they were like ants all over the hotel property with no privacy at all. When we got home from the shore late one night, we were met by three local Neptune Police Cars that were a couple doors down from us dealing with something. The resident seemed to be a live in and the hotel seemed to be a manifestation of shaddy people, living there indefinitely. I will NEVER stay here again and I would advise others not to as well. I never write reviews on hotels but in this case, I felt that I needed to warn others. DO NOT stay here, but if you do, DO NOT bring your dogs or they may catch the respiratory issues that my lab did.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights. Only good thing was the pool. It was very clean & easy to access. The lamp shades were so covered with dust, it was obvious they have not been cleaned for many, many months. There was black moldy grout on floor & walls in shower. The shower had no ledges or anywhere to put soap down. Had to put it on the floor or outside on the sink counter while showering. The window in bathroom was filthy. There was lots of mold growing inside a wicker basket that held soap & shampoo. Children of the owners were running around the parking lot all day making it difficult to drive out of the space. Not worth the $340 for 2 nights.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zoobiesmom
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I travel with my dogs and am always delighted to find a dog friendly hotel that is also clean, safe, and modern. The exterior guest room doors made it easy to load and unload, and the park-like area was quiet with lots of places to walk the dogs.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The room is excellent. The management is friendly. Breakfast has lots of variety. The price is very decent. Definitely recommend the hotel and will come back again. It is 10 minutes from Bradley Beach Train station.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
daysinnneptune, Manager at Red Roof Inn Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thanks for your comments! We greatly appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Have a great day!

Days Inn-Neptune-Management and Staff

Reviewed October 29, 2010

I got this hotel off of bringfido, and at first it seemed perfect, you could have a dog with a small fee, but I read reviews on here after I got the room, The manager was not friendly by any means, he wasnt mean, but he had no facial expression, nothing, I was also charged a extra $67 dollars because I asked him if he could give us 2 double beds, which are standard in the room, rather then a king like I requested. Which I do not get by any means. The room was very clean, and nice, and was a good fit for the 3 of us, but on the first morning, we were woke up at 8 am to someone installing gutters. I understand work needs to be done, but we were in the back of the Hotel to begin, and if the manager knew they where going to be doing loud work like they where so early, why would he put people back there, when there was no cars parked in the front of the building. I would stay here in dire need, but I think that the no refund policy and the managers way he puts himself out there needs to change.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple