“Great Hotel, close to Asbury Park”

Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
“Great Hotel, close to Asbury Park”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Extremely clean Hotel, great location close to the beach but not too much going around the Hotel, breakfast was ok, room was nice, but I have a couple of observations:
-Bathroom doors, would not stay open, so when you shower the door will close itself
-I stayed on first floor across from the laundry room, staff was talking too loud, they should respect the guest's sleep, i speak Spanish and I could hear the drama going on among themselves
despite this , hotel was lovely

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear I A,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay, but we do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments will be addressed with management to make sure the bathroom doors are looked at and that staff is aware of the volume of their voice early in the morning as to not disturb our guests. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us in the future.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2014

On June 27th we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express Neptune after a long 10 hour charter bus ride, my mother's church was there to attend church where their pastor would be preaching. We had a very negative experience when checking in. My mother is 66 and is currently using a cane to get around so I was asked to check in for us. Susanna, asked me for my mother's name and verified the correct spelling. The information was provided. She told me that she did not have a reservation for my mother. I was shocked. Mother called in May to make her reservation but she forgot to bring the reservation number. I asked mother to come to the check in desk and I tell her what I was told. Mother said to the young lady that she made a reservation back in May and she called two times. Susana tells mother, well you don't have a reservation and we don't have any more rooms so, I can't give you a room. Mother was upset. She says what are we going to do and I said we travelled on the bus. The young lady had a very nasty attitude. The other young lady who had a much better attitude was asked to check a list, which Susanna didn't bother to try to do to help and luckily mother's name was on the list but whoever took the reservation spelled her name incorrectly. Once we were done with the negative experience at check in, I loved the hotel. Very nice and in a good location. Breakfast was good. The room was spacious and I loved the bed. Not sure if I would stay here again though because being treated courteously is important when paying my hard earned money to stay in a hotel. I understand that it can be stressful to check in a bus load of people but in a customer service position, an employee should be courteous even in situations where trouble arises. I was very nice and courteous too Susanna but did not care out all for how she spoke to my mother.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank luvinlife46
Dear luvinlife46,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune. We do apologize that you experienced some inconveniences, and we would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. We have addressed your review with management and understand that the confusion was with the rooming list we received. Reservations were made based on this rooming list and unfortunately your mother's name was misspelled on that list. While Suzanna checked our system futher, she enlisted the help of Tiara to double-check the rooming list which is where we found the error. We do apologize for the confusion, but we are very glad that Suzanna and Tiara were able to figure everything out. We are glad to hear that you and the rest of the group enjoyed your accommodations and the rest of your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Inspected smaller hotels and Inns in the area. They were totally not worth the savings. They ran from dusty, moldy to stench.
Our room was clean and sometimes while we were at breakfast they cleaned and straightened our room. Didnt have time to use the pool but did use the exercise room. If we ever return to the Shore we will be staying there .

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LuVaccaro
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear LuVaccaro,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune! We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and plan on returning the next time you visit the Jersey Shore. Thanks again!

New York
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had some day meetings in the area and decided to stay here based on the positive reviews. As a Platinum. Ambassador, I was recognized and upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious and had a nice view of a grassy area at the side of the hotel. The breakfast area was clean, had a great selection and all of the staff were very pleasant. The room was well appointed and bright. I will definitely go back when I am in the area.

Room Tip: corner rooms facing the grassy area are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear meanchat,

Thank you! We are so happy to hear that you had an excellent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune and enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer at the hotel. We are thrilled that you will be staying with us again when you are in the area. Thanks again!

North Dighton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We only stayed 1 night at this hotel but we were happy with our choice. Looked new and updated and very clean. The room itself was roomy and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was what I expected but would have liked the option of regular eggs as well as the omelet. The pancake machine wasn't working so that was the only main food staple for the day. We were there for a college baseball tournament and the facility was nice and quiet in the halls while the boys were there. I would stay here again for sure. Staff was a real pleasure also and always smiling :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Disneytas,

Wow - thank you! We are happy to hear that you completely enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune! We appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with management. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience, and guest feedback is very helpful. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

East Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from April 24th thru April 27th,2014.I was there for my church state assembly and I was very comfortable in this hotel.I loved the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly employees. My room was very nice, just what I asked for.The breakfast every morning was wonderful.I was greeted with smiles every morning. WHEN I'm in Neptune again, this is where I'll be staying.I loved the hall carpet, I meant to ask where they got it from in front of room #432.If you are looking for a hotel in this area, I strongly recommend you stay at THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, NEPTUNE, NEW JERSEY.There is plenty places to eat and for ladies to shop.May God bless your travel in getting to it.Gloria E.Turner

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, just let them know what you want.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gloria T
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Gloria T,

Thank you! We are very happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune and enjoyed your accommodation and the exceptional service given by our staff. We greatly appreciate your recommendation to other travelers, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed in April, over the Easter weekend. The hotel had several group bookings, and this caused us sleepless nights. Room and corridor parties. We addressed this with reception, who spoke to the people having a corridor party right outside our door at 1am. However the door slamming and talking continued well into the early hours. There is no noise insulation what so ever in the rooms against the noisy doors. Which is a shame, as the hotel is nice, clean and modern and a nice central location.

Nice hotel, but if you like sleep don't go here for a relaxing weekend break. It won't happen.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fidgety9
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Fidgety9,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune. We are glad that you found our hotel to be clean and modern with great accommodations in a convenient locations. However, we are disappointed that noise was a disturbance during your stay. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have an exceptional stay, and it is disappointing to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay. Your review will be shared with the entire staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you consider staying with us again.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Red Roof Inn Neptune
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#2 of 6 in Neptune
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Neptune? Share your experiences!