“Nice and comfortable stay.”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days, on business. Room was very clean and well maintained. Friendly and courteous staff however the front office lady, Tiffany (when I checked in) gave incorrect information on my credit card authorization form and she eventually ended up charging my personal credit card...this was later sorted out by the other front desk staff who was helpful. Breakfast was average though a variety of fruits would be better...they just had bananas. The staff also arranged a microwave in my room, at no additional cost! Wi-Fi strength was good. Bed was comfortable with labeled pillows saying, soft and firm. Overall, a comfortable stay at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear kumarikac,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Neptune! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and all of our amenities. We do apologize for the confusion upon check-in, but we are glad it was sorted out. Thank you again for a wonderful review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Upon checkout, the hotel encourages you to leave a review here. However, they don't push for good reviews, which is nice.

The good:
The hotel is spotlessly clean. Wifi signal is strong. There is a lot of storage space. There is a nice bar area with a roomy refrigerator. The shower is spacious and water is easy to control. There's a curved shower rod that has a mesh top that lets in lots of light. There are many easily accessible electrical outlets. There is a wired network port at the desk, but I didn't use it. The breakfast room is clean and there are many options for breakfast including sausage, eggs, and pancakes. The bed is comfortable and the options of labelled soft or firm pillows are very nice. Other reviewers have said there were only sheers, but in my room there were blackout curtains hiding behind the sheers, and they worked well. The chair in the king size room is comfortable for reading. The decor in the rooms is tasteful and modern. The simple holiday decorations - a real tree and poinsettias everywhere, looked lovely and not at all garish.

The bad:
Noise. The doors slam and slam and slam. Everyone mentions it on here but nothing has been done to remedy it. Between traffic noise if you're in the front of the building and slamming all night, this is not a restful place. The room temperature is hard to regulate. It was a cold night outside but my room was hot and no attempts to get it to a reasonable sleeping temperature worked- even with the thermostat in the sixties, it was hot. The bathroom door shuts on its own- simply installing a flip-down door stop on the bottom of the door would make getting ready much more convenient. The bathroom fan only comes on with the light, so there's no way to be quiet and have light. The breakfast, while plentiful, needs some nondairy options and more fruit than just a banana- it's nearly all carbs, sugars, and dairy - soymilk and some citrus would be welcome. There aren't nearly enough hangers.

The both:
At check-in, the woman who helped us was infuriating. She'd answer the same question two diametrically different ways. She offered no help or information, you had to interview her to find out anything you wanted. She seemed utterly unwelcoming and the whole experience dealing with her was irritating. But, in the morning, the breakfast staff and front desk staff were completely different. Friendly, fun, helpful, and had bright personalities.

Overall, I liked this visit. I was very comfortable in my room, impressed with the cleanliness, and mostly happy with the breakfast offerings. However, the noisiness makes me likely to try another hotel when I next have work in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back, off the road so the only noisiness you'll deal with comes form the halls...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear FeetsMcGinty,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Neptune on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that your overall stay was a good one, but we do apologize that you were not completely satisfied. Your review was shared with management, and we will work on remedying the inconveniences you mentioned. We work hard to provide our guests with an exceptional experience, and we appreciate all your feedback. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here with my family and a couple of family friends. The hotel is updated and very clean. The rooms had a modern feel to them. Breakfast was average, but that's the standards set by IHG not the property itself. At check-in the wrong rate was printed on the Reg card, the staff immediately made the changes for me. The only thing I would have to say was a bit disappointing was that my hotel room was the last one on the 1st floor, right near the game room. I appreciate that they have activities for guests, I just think that it should be closed at 10 not 11, we all had to be up early and people were screaming and cheering playing air hockey until 11. Other than that everything was great and it was a great location for where we needed. Next year, I know where I will be staying for this weekend again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, they are not near the game room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Bentley1688,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Neptune. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay, but we do apologize for the noise from the game room. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to your stay with us next year!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have had a suite at this hotel for over 2 months after moving from another nearby great hotel. I moved to be closer to my office and have not regretted the choice. My suite is huge, clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. For long term guests, a full kitchen would be nice but the large countertop with microwave, small refrigerator and sink does suffice for those who eat simply. There are several nearby restaurants, including MJ's Pizza which I was happy to discover has a large menu including items other than Pizza.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the backside of the building where there is no road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Vicki D,

Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We are thrilled you have been enjoying your extended stay with us and love all your accommodations. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and hope you consider staying with us whenever you are in the area!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We spent one night here after attending a show at a local club and everything worked just fine. The hotel is right on the main road and easy to find and access. The rooms were clean and well equipped, fairly large for the area, and appear to be new or newly redone. The staff was pleasant and efficient from check in through breakfast (complimentary) and checkout.
One thing I would have liked would be an offering of smoking rooms. All four of us are smokers and it's getting increasingly harder to find accommodations, especially with the larger chains.

Room Tip: If you like easy access to ice and vending get a room on the first or forth flood since that's w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear jerseymariner,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Neptune! We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations and our convenient location. We appreciate all your wonderful feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Hotel staff was very friendly, and they even had freshly made popcorn and cookies at the front desk, along with some coupons for local businesses (do not use the coupons for "East Coast Cookery," unless you're just going for drinks, because the food was NOT good). I even found an awesome "towel animal" that the staff had structured to resemble an elephant (and wearing star sunglasses, too!) waiting for me when I walked into my room. The room was very spacious and everything seemed updated-- granite countertops, modern carpet, nice furniture, etc. I had previously been staying at the Holiday Inn near Lakehurst for work trips, but I will definitely be switching to this one in the future! Only con was that room service came by at 8 a.m., which I found unusually early, but I'll know to put my "Do Not Disturb" sign up next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Rsierra101,

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Neptune! It is wonderful to hear that you had a wonder stay and enjoyed all of your accommodations and amenities. We are thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us again in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We needed an inexpensive, clean hotel for a large number of family members and this fit the bill. There were not a lot of amenities, but it was well taken care of. The staff was friendly and helpful. It worked out for whet we needed, although it is not a high-end vacation destination.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sue5290
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear sue5290,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Neptune. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Red Roof Inn Neptune
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#2 of 6 in Neptune
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Neptune? Share your experiences!