“Exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We recently stayed here for the Ashbury Bamboozle concert. Three of us came from Boston and we all were very, very happy with the room and hotel. Outside is clean and well maintained - a great first impression. The checkin was fast and easy. As we went to our room we passed by the dinning area and it was clean and well decorated (it has a microwave that we used later for popcord!) - very inviting. As we opened the door to the room we were greated with stylish decor. It was clean and crisp! The only thing that we wished was different was to have the bathroom light on it includes the bathroom fan which can get a little loud when 3 of us were getting ready but that was no biggie. I would definitly return, I would bring my family and I would 100% recommend this hotel. They do a very nice job and the stay was wonderful. I did not know one thing - that there was a pool! So my next trip we will have to come and use it. Thank you for a safe and pleasant weekend! - Jan

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janet M
Hotels_Unlimited_Inc, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Janet M,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us for the Bamboozle concert! We pride ourselves on clean and friendly service and we are pleased to hear that you thought our hotel was extremely clean. Thank you for your positive review and the recommendation! We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area!

Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

On the night of my wedding, May 5th, 2012, my fiancé, bridal party, and I attempted to check into our rooms at the Holiday Inn Express of Neptune, NJ. When we arrived, the woman at the front desk stated that the rooms were no longer available due to the fact that we were checking in late. However, these rooms had been reserved with a wedding block code months in advance. The hotel was very aware of the fact that these room were booked for a wedding for several reasons: I blocked off 20 rooms for the wedding, the reception hall stated guests from other weddings have stayed there before, and I had dropped off guest bags the day before for all of the guests staying at the Holiday Inn. Although technically the rooms were not available anymore in the computer (due to the fact of us being late), the front desk attendant expressed it in a way that implied the rooms were all occupied. After 45 minutes, she ended up organizing the rooms, but at the expense of my aunt and uncle. They were rudely woken up in the middle of the night and forced to move into a different room because she had given them the bridal suite room (even though they called ahead and said they would be late!). Although we all eventually were able to settle into the correct rooms, the front desk attendant was discourteous, unapologetic, and unhelpful throughout the process. I also had guests staying at the Residence Inn of Neptune, and everyone there had a very pleasant experience, no matter what time they were checking in.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank L C
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear L C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm sorry you received unacceptable service from our staff. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon the service we offer to all our guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I just stayed in this hotel 2 nights ago and really enjoyed it. It's pretty new and conveniently located by a wawa and the Jersey shore outlets. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and my room was clean and comfy. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank number2cac
Dear number2cac,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We just returned from visiting family in near by Wall Nj and stayed at one of the best hotels we had ever stayed in. My GPS address was wrong but the women at the front desk was as correct as Marco Polo.They welcomed us in as if we were family. She stayed on the phone until we pulled in. Our room, a king, was huge with a towel elephant to greet us. Just like being on a cruise ship. Spacious room making it easy to spread out. From the lobby to our room, spotless and always bright. Same nice folks in the breakfast room with a nice selection of hot or cold breakfast. Fitness center with equipment that worked and was as clean and fresh as my room. If HIE Neptune is anywhere close to where you need to be in Jersey book it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Tony R
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Tony R,

Thank you for your positive feedback about staying with us for your trip. We are dedicated to clean, friendly and helpful service. We are delighted that you were happy with your stay and enjoyed the towel elephant, it is there to brighten your day. We hope to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was here for 3 nights..in Neptune, NJ. The hotel is new, and very nicely appointed. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was given a bottle of water and the option of a cookie upon checking-in.

The main entrance is on the 2nd floor, and my room was on the first. I thought it was a bit weird, but it turned out fine. My room was very nice, very clean, and very comfortable.

I used the gym, and it was great- NEW! 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and very nice free-weights. There was plenty of room to stretch and move. Also there was a new flat screen TV on the wall, so I was able to watch all my favorite shows while working out.

I checked out the pool. I never bring my bathing suit...but after looking in on the pool, I wish I had.

The complimentary breakfast was sufficient....nothing too outstanding, but it did the job.

Wireless internet was good, and quick!

My only complaint would be that my room happened to be across the hall from the Housekeeping office/lounge/storeroom. So at around 7 am they would be coming in, and they were very loud....they did wake me. :( Also, the hotel plays music in the hallway- piped through a speaker system, and it was way too loud, and not necessary at all. I thought it was just on my floor, but it was on the 2nd floor as well. I recommend they get rid of that, or don't turn it on until at least 10 am.

I would definitely stay here again.....there is an excellent Chinese food restaurant right down the street!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank FiveTillFriday
Genf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We arrived late in the night and were promptly greeted by super friendly staff. Checkin took a few minutes and we were off to a great room. The room is big, cozy bed, big bathroom and was all in all way beyond my expectation for a HIE. We were just coming from the Hyatt in Washington and this was like 2 stars up. Hotel has a small gym and salt water pool. Breakfast was off good quality as well. Thx for this great experience to the hotel.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank weltenbummler001
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Weltenbummler001,
Thank you for the great review. We are so happy you had a great stay with us and enjoyed everything we offered. We hope to see you again in the future.

West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is modern and the people working their are very nice. Like Tiara at the front desk. She was very professional and friendly. She made me feel right at home. The rooms are very nice.

Hotel in not on the beach, the beach is 5 minutes away. It would be great if hotel had ready maps with directions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingSherri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Neptune? Share your experiences!