$171
$98
Empress Hotel(Asbury Park)
$279
  • Breakfast included
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)
$395
  • Pool
All reviewsthe jersey shorefront deskasbury parkpancake machinedoor stopthe breakfast areamajor roadyogurtsmall refrigeratorgreat propertyfree breakfast iswedding guestsshort drivewould stay here againparking lotbusiness centertiara
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This hotel is the best hotel I ever stayed in, and I was already in many upscale hotels! You get everything as in an expensive hotel just for a fraction of the price: Great staff, free bottled water, the pool is great, the free breakfast scrumptious. In short it is a fantastic, clean, excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Suites are excellent
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I am staying here for an extended time period due to work. I am impressed withthe hotel staff from the time I made my arrangements continued through my stay. I walk in and am always greeted by the desk staff as well as management. The FREE breakfast is amazing. My room is always clean, never a problem if I ask for an extra towel or bottle of water. I recommend if you are coming to this area, this is the place to stay. Did I mention this place is CLEAN! The beds are som comfortable you don't want to get up !

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite it is a like a one bedroom apartment
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Being that it is a new hotel, its great. The surroundings, room, lobby, etc is all great and very clean. The staff/customer service however, is severly lacking. Hotel guests are aware of the check out time (s) yet the front desk personnel began calling and if I might add, harrassing us way before it was close for check out. Being that it was at 12noon, we received multiple knocks at the door before 11:15am as well as phone calls by 11:30am. This was extremely annoying especially since we were noticeably gathering ourselves and would be making our way to the front desk! My boyfriend was actually at the front desk, while I was grabbing my last bag and a woman knocked on the door with her "checklist" requesting check out. It was ridiculous! It ruined the stay for both of us for we felt it was way too over the top. Ive been to 4/5 star hotels, the westin, and others and not once have I been harassed that much to vacate a room, on time! Nevermind, that the parking lot and lobby was filled with 2 cars during this time.....just disappointing.

Great, clean hotel.....terrible and hasty customer service.

• Stayed: December 2011
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear aktam,

We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconveniences that you may have experienced while staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express of Neptune. As you had mentioned earlier, check out time in this hotel is at 12 noon. Our policy states that we are not to disturb any guests before check out time. Our housekeeping staff is given a list of confirmed rooms that were checked out before noon, so they can begin cleaning before our other guests arrive. Clearly there was a miscommunication between the front desk and housekeeping and we apologize for any confusion that this might have caused.

As you also mentioned in your review we do have a strong commitment to cleanliness, and commit to serving all of our guests with excellence. This is also why we have strictly enforced a 24 hour responsiveness pledge to service any questions or concerns that our guests may have. Should you need any of our staff, please feel free to contact management directly. The Holiday Inn Express of Neptune appreciates your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Stayed here a few times and will be spending a couple days here again next month. It is a newer hotel and is very clean. Nothing broken in the room. Nice buffet breakfast in the morning too. Very convenient to Asbury Park, which is only a few miles away. If you're going to a show at the Stone Pony or any other place in Asbury Park it is a nice place to hit rather than drive home after the show.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed here one night during a business meeting; room on lowest floor. Usually I don't sleep well in hotels, but I had a great night's sleep here. I appreciated the pillow variety, quiet HVAC unit (with a real thermostat), good soundproofing, and functional drapes. Check-in was outstanding--well organised (our group of 30+ stayed here) and efficient. Breakfast was extensive with good coffee. Only glitch was check-out--I was on a tight schedule and there was no one at the desk, even after several shouts to the back room. Since the arrangements were being handled by someone I just dropped the key and left. Otherwise would have given this place a 5.

Room Tip: Stay away from pool area on lowest floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business