Holiday Inn Express Neptune
$120
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Empress Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$235
  • Pool
All reviewsthe jersey shorefront deskasbury parkpancake machinethe breakfast areamajor roadyogurtsmall refrigeratorgreat propertyvery clean hotelfree breakfast iswould recommend this hotel to anyonewedding guestswe've stayedshort drivewould stay here againsix flags
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed here one night during a business meeting; room on lowest floor. Usually I don't sleep well in hotels, but I had a great night's sleep here. I appreciated the pillow variety, quiet HVAC unit (with a real thermostat), good soundproofing, and functional drapes. Check-in was outstanding--well organised (our group of 30+ stayed here) and efficient. Breakfast was extensive with good coffee. Only glitch was check-out--I was on a tight schedule and there was no one at the desk, even after several shouts to the back room. Since the arrangements were being handled by someone I just dropped the key and left. Otherwise would have given this place a 5.

Room Tip: Stay away from pool area on lowest floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My fiance and I traveled to NJ to see our family and friends. We decided to stay in the HIE in Neptune because my fiance receives an employee rate as he works in another hotel. Everything in the hotel is pretty much new and our rooms were very clean. The first night we were there a wedding party came back to the hotel, they were noisy at first, but security put an end to that quickly. I liked that you had to have a key card to get in after a certain time. We didn't have our room cleaned a majority of the time we were there (by our choice), but they always accommodated if we did want it cleaned and they made sure that we knew there was a DND on the door and they weren't going to clean the room that day. The front desk staff was great! We were not too familiar with the Neptune area and they gave us some great spots to eat. The only complaint I had was we were right next to the breakfast area and on some days it was fairly noisy, but I also like to sleep late. The front desk did offer to move us, but we were already more than halfway through our trip by the time I said anything. Overall a good stay, the king beds were huge! Always a bonus

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed at this property and was impressed with the staff, individuaL ATTENTION GIVEN TO EACH GUEST AT CHECK IN. The cleanliness of the lobby, the room and the breakfast area was impeccable. I travel frequently for business and when in this area, I now have a home away from home. I look forward to my next visit and am assured I will rest well, enjoy the big screen in the dining area for the games and truly be treated as a guest !!

The Free hot brakfast included pancakes, sausage, yogurt, toast eggs,biscuits with gravy and amazing hot cinnamon rolls

The location is perfect, every major road is easily accessedble

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite, minimal price increase and is like an apartment
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cherali b
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have stayed at this relatively new property beginning in July 2011 as we often travel on weekends to the Jersey Shore from our home in Connecticut. There is not another hotel nearby that offers the convenience, style, and amenities of this property at an equivalently reasonable price. The staff has always been courteous and helpful when we register or express needs that we have during our stays here. They also offer an abundant free breakfast with a wide variety of selections.

However, what keeps me from posting a 5-star rave review is the noise factor that can be directly attributed to design flaws in the building itself, chief among which are the slamming guest room doors that close automatically upon entering or exiting the rooms. Once we realized this problem, our physical reflex has been to grab hold of the handle when closing the door to our room, thereby restraining it from swinging shut and shaking our neighbors out of their beds. It is obvious that the majority of guests don't recognize the need to be this considerate, or they don't care whether they disturb others who are staying there. Given that this property is on the radar of wedding planners, it only exacerbates the problem when partygoers return to the hotel after midnight and awaken guests who have fallen asleep. It becomes even more troublesome as late-night revelers continue their celebration from room to room as has happened on several of my stays here. On one occasion, I knocked on the room across the hall from ours at 2am to ask the five noisy occupants to stop slamming their door open and closed every 5 minutes. They ceased this activity, either out of courtesy or fear, but even on normal occasions, with guests entering and exiting their rooms, the slamming of doors becomes incredibly disruptive. I have never stayed at a hotel that had this problem as part of the normal operation of doors to every room. The nearby Marriott Courtyard has always provided a very quiet experience when I've stayed there. My suggestion to remedy this problem is that the Holiday Inn chain should invest a few thousand dollars installing mechanisms on each door that would slow down the speed with which they close automatically.

Another design flaw is the single switch in each bathroom which turns on the lights and exhaust fan simultaneously. This feature makes it impossible to use the bathroom without disturbing the sleep of a roommate during the night, since illuminating the bathroom also turns on the very loud fan. The exhaust fan in bathrooms of neighboring rooms can also be heard when they are in use.

This points to a more general problem in the noise level between the rooms, as the walls seem to be virtually paper thin throughout the building. On my most recent stay this weekend (November 12th) the alarm clock in the guest room adjacent to my headboard woke me at 4:50am after which the movements and conversation of the occupants could be detected quite clearly as I tried to return to sleep. Between the late-night revelers of the previous night, and the early morning wakeup call next door, I had a total of 4 hours sleep and found it difficult to get through the following day.

It troubles me to register complaints about this property, as it is a beautifully appointed hotel that offers a generous breakfast, in an area that is underserved by competitors. However, I am afraid that my future business will be steered in the direction of the nearby Marriott properties if these design flaws are not addressed by the management in the near future.

Either that, or I will only visit when the air conditioner is kept on (in summer) to mask the noise level of other guests.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear Pisaman,

We at the Holiday Inn Express of Neptune are looking into your concerns and are glad that you took the time to rate us here on TripAdvisor. At this time, we would like to inform you and our consumers of the policies we have in place to make your stay with us the best it can be. To ensure that guests attain a proper night’s sleep, we have night time security on premises patrolling the hotel to calm any rambunctious guests from nearby wedding facilities. We also have a friendly and attentive staff who are always willing to help with any questions, comments or concerns that you may have while staying with us. We hope that you can utilize these resources while staying with us and of course wish you all the best.

Holiday Inn Express of Neptune.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've stayed at several HiEx and this one is consistent with the others (I like knowing what to expect when in an unfamiliar place). The Neptune HiEx did a great job accommodating a sizable group of family members gathered for a family reunion. They gave us a group rate on the rooms and greeted us enthusiastically.

• Stayed: October 2011