“Amazing food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: High Street
Transit: Public transit stops are located across the street from blueplate as well as down the street from bluepalte.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite place for breakfast. The potato pancakes are delicious! They are so good I ask for them when they aren't on the specials! Farm fresh foods and something for everyone!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I love omelets, and do admit to being quite picky in how they are made. It is very rare to find a restaurant that does them correctly, which I think Blue Plate does superbly. Most restaurants serve a omelet that looks like a egg sponge with whatever ingredients are chosen. However done correctly, the egg omelet should be wrapped around the ingredients - not cooked with them...again my opinion. Try eating an omelet this way and you might never go back to an egg sponge again!
The specials are always creative and delicious, using local fresh produce when available. I loved the fresh asparagus prepared in the specials during the spring!
My son is a huge fan of the risotto. I am unable to eat the pancakes because of gluten intolerance, but they do look yummy when the go by our table.
I do think breakfast is the best meal I've had at Blue Plate.
My only complaint would be more choices for the dinner menu, such as grilled steak or seafood.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We consider ourselves regulars at the Blueplate. I am not a breakfast person at home, but meet me at the Blueplate and I am a kid in a candy store. The creative twists to pancakes draws me in with seasonal choices like pumpkin in the fall and local peaches in the summer always making it to the table. The homemade granola with fruit and yogurt is a great light choice. The waitresses are family, for real, try to guess which two are sisters. They all make you feel at home. I just had blintzes at Zabars, NYC that were great but I do like the ones at the Blueplate more. The specials on the lunch menu are equally worth a try. I must admit that I don't do dinner at the Blueplate and can only relay that my friends tell me that I'm missing out on a great meal.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

You have to taste the delicious dishes offered at The Blue Plate!! You won't ne disapointed!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Considering the area is very rural without a lot of options that I could see, I found the restaurant to be above average - though in my experience, you really have to 'work' to mess up breakfast. ;-) I had an eggs benedict on this flaky pastry shell. . . and even though the hollandaise sauce wasn't the best I'd ever had, it was passable. The eggs were perfectly cooked, the potatoes were tasty, the coffee was delicious. We sat at the counter and the stools were horribly uncomfortable and are in need of some work on the seats, the experience was satisfying, the staff were very friendly, and even the people in the long Sunday line were pleasant and eager to get in. I agree it was a bit pricey, but hey, people seem to love it and the market bears the prices so they must be doing it right.