“Excellent Spanish food. Full Menu. Friendly Service.”
Review of Spanish Tavern

Spanish Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Spanish Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Mountainside
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Spanish Tavern is the premier destination in New Jersey for awarding winning traditional and contemporary Spanish cuisine. Those who have dined with us at Spanish Tavern have come to know us as restaurant they can rely on for superb food, delicious drinks, exceptional service and a gorgeous environment to turn the every day and most special of occasions into warm memories. New Jersey Monthly Magazine has named Spanish Tavern as Best Spanish Restaurant in Northern New Jersey. Our menu is well rounded, with a large emphasis placed on seafood dishes due to the seaside Spanish regions where the owners are from. Favorites include our Shrimp in Garlic Sauce appetizer, Veal Corunesa, Twin Lobsters, Paella Valencia and Branzino Filet a la Plancha. Our lunch menu is accessible for casual lunch meetups in addition to being a smart choice for a business meeting. A children's menu allows for Spanish Tavern to be a dining option for the whole family. Our private dining room can host up to 75 guests for any event, including christenings, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, reunions and charity events. Spanish Tavern also excels at catering and would be happy to work with you to bring you vision to life. Come by or call for takeout to see why we're New Jersey's favorite Spanish restaurant!
Woodbridge, New Jersey, USA
“Excellent Spanish food. Full Menu. Friendly Service.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My dad introduced me to this place last weekend. It was a Saturday evening and the place filled up quickly. They have a valet parking lot, as there is little parking on the street. The menu is rather large, yet all the dishes we ordered were splendid. The service was friendly and we did not feel rushed whatsoever. Some of the dishes that were especially were prepared was the halibut, the grouper and the sea bass. The flan was also done very well. I would come back here again.

• Visited March 2013

Vauxhall, New Jersey
“Worth the Trip!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Professional staff, good food and great atmosphere. The place is clean and welcoming, with friendly ambience and staff. As you are seated not soon after you are serve bread and complimentary soup (very delicious!!) We had escargot and garlic shrimp as an appetizer. The brown sauce on the escargot wasn’t that tasty but when I dip it in the shrimp garlic sauce it was good. For the main course we had the fish and sea food pot with this tasty green sauce (Outstanding!!). The meal was so filling so we did not have desert. Although it’s pricey it’s worth it! Great place to eat at whether it's a special occasion or just a night out with your significant other...

• Visited March 2013
NJ
“Loved the variety!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last week I met 5 old friends at the Spanish Tavern for dinner. I had not been there for years even though it is not far away! I will definitely visit more often. We all ordered fish dishes and each one was impressive. The portions were ample, the freshness was evident, and the preparations were very tasty. My Chilean sea bass was cooked perfectly, and I loved the bed of garlic spinach on which it rested. We all ordered salads and they were quite large for dinner salads. One was enough for two people! (I did manage to eat all of mine, though.) There was a decent, but not large wine selection. I thought the service could have been a bit more attentive, although they did not hurry us out which was greatly appreciated as we had lots to talk about. The prices are standard for this kind of fare, not cheap, but not exorbitant. All in all, a very nice night out!

• Visited February 2013
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“Very good food Pleasant experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was our first time here. We went with another couple. We have a reservation on a saturday night. We had to wait in the front which got a little congested. When our table was ready, our party was incomplete. So they gave the table away. I was ready for a bad experience. But things got much better from that point on. The host felt bad that he gave our table away and seated us in a large table in the back corner. The waiter was very friendly and professional. We all ordered seafood of some sort. The prices for fresh seafood were reasonable and portions were a good size. Everything was well prepared and tasty. My wife had the bread pudding for dessert. I am not a dessert guy, but it was excellent. They even gave us a complementary glass of dessert wine to close out the evening. The only two issue that I had was the congestion and confusion up front (this included a wait for the valet when we first arrived), and the decor could use an update. Otherwise a fine experience and I would love to come back when we are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
“Great atmosphere and value!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Best quality and value around. Professional staff,great food and atmosphere ..wether it's a special Occasion or just a night out...we'll be back... MS Mountainside