“Hibachi dinner”

Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Mountainside
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hibachi Steakhouse and Sushi Restaurant. We serve entertaining meals where dishes are prepared at your table by our hibachi Expert Chefs, serving fine grilled steaks, chicken and seafood delights. Have some sushi and sashimi from our exclusive sushi bars.Enjoy a drink from a wide variety of tropical flavors from our full bar. Great Happy Hour Specials! Great place for families and parties. Satisfy your senses!
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Hibachi dinner”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Recently dined here to celebrate a birthday, the preparation by the chef entertained the kids. The food was great albeit a bit pricey but well worth it.

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York, USA
“The same is cheaper elsewhere”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

There are other hibachi places of similar quality in the area which are significantly cheaper. I wouldn't come here again without a Groupon or equivalent deal.

Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Entertainment and ouitstanding food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went here to celebrate my baby sister's birthday. We were a large group consisting of seniors, middles and teenage girls. Everyone enjoyed the night tremendously. As is often said "And a good time was had by all"

• Visited June 2013
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Good Sushi if Your Not Looking for Hibachi!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went on a Tuesday, and there were patrons streaming in for Hibachi. I was not into 15 choruses of Happy Birthday, or strangers at my table, so we were a little tentative about trying this restaurant. It was surprisingly nice when they sat us in the sushi area, which is on the opposite side of the restaurant, with 4 dividing walls separating the areas.

We were hungry, and tried quite a few dishes.

Apps-Both the Miso soup and the Asian broth were good, but the broth was 10 times better. A bit creamy, but still with a bullion base. It was delicious. The salad was crisp, but DEFINATELY try the lemon orange dressing. Fantastic! Never had anything like that in a Japanese restaurant. The ribs were also great-big and tender, falling off the bone with great teriyaki sauce. Stay away from the calamari, though. Completely overcooked, like chewing leather. Even the sauce couldn't save this dish. They should take this off the menu, only because it brings down the rest of the delicious food.

Dinner-We had the Brooklyn Bridge for 2, which is a slightly smaller version of the Sushi Boat for 2 that everyone is familiar with. It is a bridge that has the sushi and sashimi on the steps. Very nice presentation, and a lot of food for $ 36.00. All the fish was absolutely fresh, maybe even same day. Absolutely terrific. The only drawback was 3 pieces of mackerel, which I do not care for. Also, we substituted the exotic roll for the spicy tuna roll. GREAT!! That exotic roll is both unusual in presentation, and amazingly delicious! Try it! You won't be disappointed.

They have various cocktails for sale, ranging from 6.99-Mai Tai to 8.99-Cosmopolitans. Not bad prices.

All in all, a very nice visit, and we would definitely come back.

Hint to my followers:

Watch the drinks. They can add up quickly.
Move to the far side of the room. I think we only heard Happy Birthday once, and that was faintly.
Try some of the fusion rolls. It was worth trying the exotic roll. GREAT!

• Visited August 2013
East Orange, New Jersey
“The Daughters Birthday Brunch”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I took my daughter and 7 of her friends to celebrate her 17th birthday. The place didnt open until 2 which made me nervous because our reservations were at 2. It was 9 of us all together so we filled up a table quickly. The hospitality was great. Our chef was entertaining. We tried to catch pieces of zuchini in our mouths like seals as he tossed pieces to each of us. My Mom and my daughters friend caught one. The rest of us didnt stand a chance. LOL The fire show was great with the onions on fire in the middle of the table. Food was great and prepared in front of us. We had the choice of chix,beef or seafood. We enjoyed the soup, salad that was also included with the meal. My daughters cake comes out and the gong is gonging and cake with sparkles like the 4th of July on it.Ice cream also served.They sang to my daughter threw her hands in the air and we all cheered.FUN FUN and FUN. I bought the cute character ceramic cups we drank out of for the ladies favor and gave them chop sticks that I purchased also. The tab wasnt bad either 333.00. I would go again for sure.

• Visited August 2013