“Decent place however nothing great”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Average hotel. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly. Room smelled like smoke though.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights while touring NJ and NY with a group of friends. We drove straight through from Indiana on a Wednesday night, and got there at 7am on thursday. We ate at the Bob Evans across the street and then went in and they let us check in at 10am. We were very grateful.

The front desk staff was very nice, and the room was great! The bed was nicer than ours back home. lol I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. It was a little bit away from the sites, but that was just fine with us.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2009

this hotel is falling apart, the ice machine is broke, the elevators are down. We have been here one night and twice people have been trapped on the elevator. The rooms are nice, could be cleaner. In our first room when we turned on the TV all we got was a high pitched squeal. So they moved us, the clock was broke in the second room, but they did replace it. The staff are excellent, very friendly, very professional. The price was very affordable.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2009

The hotel is decent in appearance and was affordable. The hotel has wireless, but you have to call a third party and sit on hold for 10's of minutes for them to authorize your computer.
Staff is kind and affable.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2009

WOW, this place was great! Staff was amazing did whatever we needed and was always there for any help or questions we had. The rooms and lobby are newly renovated and they had nice plasma t.v.'s. Free breakfast and free WIFI a huge plus. I am surprised they dont charge more. I stayed at the other Marriotts next door who charge more and very poor service compared to this one. I have become a loyal customer to this hotel. FYI I am a seasoned traveler with Marriott and Hilton and I was quite surprised with this locations friendly and accomodating staff and features. You will see me again!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights while in the Philidelphia area. I found this hotel a nice, clean and comfortable place to stay. I had a standard room on the first floor with a king size bed. The room was nice and clean. Our bed was comfy and the room included high-speed internet that worked well, a microwave, and a TV that had over 60 cable channels and HBO.

The room rate included a breakfast each morning. It was a good basic breakfast, with cereal, hot oatmeal, bagels, various breads to toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs, frozen breakfast sandwiches, a waffle maker, coffee, milk and juice. The front desk also had a little mini-market with soda, candy, chips, frozen dinners and ice cream treats.

I found the staff cheerful and helpful. Overall this was a very nice basic hotel to stay in for a short while. The hotel was close to 2 major highways; I-295 and the NJ Turnpike. It is about 20 minutes from the Philidelphia Intl. Airport.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelscott
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Stayed for just one night and made the reservation a night before. The men and women at the desk were nice, particularly Netmarie.

The rooms are fine, although the air freshener was distractingly thick, but in the morning I went to use the gym and it was closed to be carpeted. Since I made the reservation the night before, I could've been told. There are two other Marriott properties down the street but they didn't offer use of either, offering a flier for a gym farther away.

I would try one of the other hotels in the area. It's pretty much hotel central with the turnpike right there.

Stayed: August 2008