“Excellent service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent one night in the Fairfield Inn $& Suites in Mt. Laurel.
We arrived late at night and were greeted by a very friendly woman at check-in - MyKalAnn - who accommodated our needs and even gave us a welcome snack bag. She went the extra mile to make us comfortable.
Ms. Demaris, who set up the very ample breakfast, was also a very accommodating and gracious person who put out additional cereals and kept the supply of the other breakfast foods fresh long after the listed breakfast hours.
Both of these employees were exceptional. As a result we would definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thanks, Gav. I have printed your comments for all of the employees to see and especially the 2 that you mentioned in your comments. Thanks so much for taking the time to mention our hotel and the employees. We all really appreciate it. See you next time.

Todd Roberts

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been traveling with my family and decided to stay here based on location.
I haven't seen any reviews before check in. I think this place deserve second chance.
It looks like the property is getting facelift and new decor looks great. My favorite was the panel behind check-in desk that changes colors and fireplace.
My room was very clean and mattresses comfy. Little outdated though.
Overall great experience and value for price paid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fddenver
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hi FDDenver,
Thanks for giving us a shot and for taking the time to share your experience. We are 95% done in the public areas, such as the lobby and breakfast area both have new carpet and furntiure. The "dated" rooms that you mentioned will be revitalized by this Summer. New carpeting, new furniture and we will splash a little paint around. I hope you see when we are done. Thanks again. Todd Roberts, General Manager.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I just spent one night here and then read the reviews. I think if I had read the reviews before making my reservation, I probably would not have stayed here. But my stay was nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews have been. Maybe there were changes made as a result of the negative reviews. If so, kudos to the GM and staff.

Yes, there is construction going on here. But I must have hit the tail-end of it, because it was not as noticeable, especially with any smells or odors.

My room was clean and quiet. No odors or smells. The bathroom was clean and I had no problem using the shower.

Check-in was quick and the front desk staff was friendly and inviting.

TV was a large screen with HD and plenty of HD channels. The remote was an actual DISH TV remote, so there were a lot more functions in use, such as program guide, than on a normal, regular hotel TV remote.

I did not eat breakfast here as a had to meet a colleague for breakfast nearby. But from what I saw of the breakfast area, it looked clean, and there were plenty of people eating there when I left.

I do not work for Marriott, I know no one at this hotel, and I have no special interest in whether this hotel is successful or not, but I would definitely stay here again. And for those who wrote very negative reviews, I would recommend giving this hotel another chance. If you're disappointed again, then I would say my stay was the exception, rather than the rule.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thanks for the compliments. We are still going through renovations to the public spaces of the hotel. We are trying to work on small sections of the hotel at a time with as little or no guest impact as possible. We are trying to keep guests away from these areas as much as we can. In the near future the focus of our work will be in the guest rooms, but again, our goal will be to keep guests away from the small sections that are being renovated. Im glad that it worked out well for you, however, the staff in our Breakfast Room are some of the best in the nation. Please try to visit them next time you are here. Thanks.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

First off the hotel is under construction, but that does not excuse the lack of cleanliness. Everything was filthy, and not just from construction dust. The breakfast room was covered in dust, the waffle iron was dirty and rusty. The first room I was in had a dirty snickers wrapper in a draw and used containers of milk on the refrigerator. It didn't have a tv remote and when the floor man came up to sink the tv I sat on the bed and the back of the bed by the headboard completely came off the ground in front of him. He said that's not supposed to happen and told me that I was switching rooms. He was apologetic and even moved all of my stuff because I had so much stuff with the baby. So overall terrible with a mice staff. Good thing the rest of my trip was great.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Haphpnt
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hi,
Thanks for your comments. Sorry you found us to be dusty and our TV was not as user friendly as it should be. As of last month, I took over as the General Manager. I have and will continue to make additions to the staff to improve service. Our public space renovations are 99 percent complete so all of the dust is gone. We will renovate our guest rooms within the next few months. Perhaps if your travels bring you this way again, you can give us another try once our makeover is totally complete.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am not hard to please but this hotel was absolutely disgusting. Its under construction but it should probably be bull dozed. The smell in this hotel reminded me of a wet basement. The smell was everywhere even going into the rooms. I refused to walk barefoot on the carpeting and I layed towels down in the bathroom so my feet wouldnt touch the tile. There was hair in the bed which almost made me go sleep in my car. The only positive thing is that the girl at the front was very nice, but seriously, thats it!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joe d
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to improve our service, we truly appreciate your feedback. As our renovations come to a close, we are very excited about our new look and improved features. We hope that you would consider giving us another try when they are all complete.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield inn and suites in mt laurel a little wile ago. My stay was the worst experience of my life!!!!!! This hotel is not clean. there were bugs in my room!!! the beds were not comfortable at all!!! the bathroom was so dirty i didn't even use it! I stopped at the gas station across the way and there bathroom was cleaner then the one in my room. That's sad!!!!!! The staff was rude, incompetent and unwelcoming!!!! The GM Jerrome was an idiot!!!!! He has no idea how to run his hotel at all. He was rude to me and his own staff!!!! He treated them like they were his dogs that just had an accident on his new rug. Ive never been so disappointed by a hotel and its manager!!!!!! Please take my advice and never stay at this place you will be very unhappy!!! The only positive thing i can say about this place is that the women who does breakfast was incredible!!!! they deserve to work in a much better place and i hope they can find themselves a better hotel to work at!!! so to sum it all up this hotel is despicable and if i am ever in the area again i would rather sleep on a park bench!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank superman0028
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make every guest's stay an easy and enjoyable experience. Please accept my sincerest apology if your stay with us was anything less.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a perfectly normal hotel that gave me everything I expected. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean room with lots of pillows. The pool and hot tub were fun to share with my granddaughter. We had a good time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott during your recent visit to the area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We value each and every guest and we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome your back again soon.