“Everything as Expected”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a perfectly normal hotel that gave me everything I expected. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean room with lots of pillows. The pool and hot tub were fun to share with my granddaughter. We had a good time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott during your recent visit to the area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We value each and every guest and we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome your back again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed two nights with wife and adult son for a family wedding, Guests appeared to be other wedding parties and some sports teams- makes sense as its a pretty good location and the price is very fair. When we left at 1:00 PM for the wedding I reported that my room had not been serviced. Person at front desk nodded and said she would take care of it. At 3:30 we returned and found the room had still not been serviced. When we left for the reception at 5PM I handed the person at the front desk a note saying "Second Request: Please clean room 203, Thank you". Came back at about 11PM and the room was still not cleaned. Bad enough for us- and we found out the same thing happened to another guest. Here comes the worst part: When the Bride and Groom came back from the reception their room had been given away...and the same thing for the Brides parents (Marriot Rewards guy with over 800 nights at a Marriott!). OUCH! I am sure this guy went back to Marriott with his complaint. They ultimately (45 minutes later) for rooms. Response from front desk person(who was as plesant as possible) was "While the Cat is away the Mice will Play"- "We have no supervisor on duty, the manager will be in on Monday and this kind of this has been happening".
I waited several weeks to file this review as I had received and completed an email survey about my "experience" and explained what had happened. I expected a reply and received nothing. Nothing is more disturbing than a hospitality company that goes throught the motions of caring and then just disregards the feedback.
With this experience why still give them a "3"? Well, the people at the front desk were good, the vaule was good, and the people at the breakfast buffet were excellent- actually rallied the guests to sing Happy Birthday for a 10 year old girl. That was good, but here is the important part: Athough there is no bar in this hotel, they do sell beer and snacks at the front desk. $3 for a beer and $4 for wine...that buys alot of good will!

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby on the first floor -people are drinking $3 beers there!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. As we always looking for ways to improve our service, your feedback is not only appreciated but is truly valued. Please accept my sincerest apology for all the issues that you and your family experienced during your stay with us. I assure you this is not the level of service we strive to provide our guests. We strive to make every guest's stay and easy and enjoyable experience. I hope we have another opportunity to "make it right" on your next stay with Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were getting a late start so we needed to find aplace to stay over night. The hotel is right off Exit 4 of the NJ Turnpike so we stayed there. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. We got in late and left early so did not really explore the hotel or the area. The person at the front desk was very helpful in finding us a room that was not near guests from a wedding who were still having a good time. The continental breakfast was nothing special so if you are a big breakfast eater, it will not do the trick.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites during your recent visit to the area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. I am pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stay in Marriott branded hotels 200+ days a year and have never been this disappointed. I purposely drove to the location to check my employee in so I would not have to fill out a credit card verification form. When we arrived the young lady at the front desk said that their internet was down and she needed to copy my license and credit card. I gave it to her, he went to his room and dropped off his bags and we went to dinner. 2 hours later I get a call from the fraud department of the credit card I used to check him in with. Someone had used my card and ordered $250 dollars worth of wigs and $170 worth of shoes. They stopped it before the transactions went through. So the next day I spoke to Marriott customer service and they said that it is not normal practice to take photo copies of Ids and credit cards. I contacted the GM of the location and he was not helpful at all. He made it sound as if it was no big deal. I then contacted the internet companies that the card was used on. They gave me the name and address of where the items were being shipped to. I called the hotel and asked if there was anyone that worked there by the name on the shipping address. They said no but there was a guest whose name that was that had checked out 4 hours before I checked my employee in. The address used was 2 blocks away from the hotel tho so why would a guest stay at this hotel. Its been a week and I have not heard anything from the police or the management team. Guess no one cares here.
I asked my employee how his stay was. He mentioned that one day over the weekend he returned from work and the do not disturb sign was hanging from his door. He entered and found that no one had cleaned his room. He went to the front desk and asked what happened and got the response of oh its the weekend and the maids sometimes do that because they get lazy and don't feel like cleaning the room.
All I have to say is that I will never again be a patron of this location. Somebody from corporate really needs to take a look and see how this location is being run.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jason m

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to make every guest's stay an easy and enjoyable experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for all the issues you and your colleague experienced during your stay with us. I assure you we take our guest's experience very seriously. We are fully cooperating and respecting the local authorities’ ongoing investigation into this matter.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice, inexpensive place. Friendly, helpful staff. Good continental breakfast. No restaurant here, but several nice restaurants nearby. A real bargain. Good wifi. We would surely choose this place again. Convenient to Philadelphia, Cape May, and PHL airport

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites during your recent visit to the area. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Our first room smelled like fresh paint. We contacted the front desk and they had keys waiting for a new room as soon as we made it down the elevator. Our second room had a different strange odor We left for an hour and left the air on full blast. When we returned the smell was still there. Laura at the front desk was so helpful and offered keys for a third room. That room smelled worse than the others. At that point we left and went to the Courtyard across the street where we found no strange smells.

• Stayed: September 2012
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is truly valued and appreciated. We strive to make every guest's stay with an easy and enjoyable experience. I hope that we have another chance to make this right in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here on friday night for a little get away with the family. Rooms were fine small, bathroom could of been cleaner. but i couldnt complain I used my marriott rewards and stayed free. The pool was ok for us it was small though. But there was only one other family in there. Fitness room was even smaller. Went to dinner at maggianos in Cherry Hill always excellent. Played family games. The compliemenatry breakfast was good the usual and my son loved the variety , they even had a highchair for our daugher who even enjoyed. Overall great stay for free.. We also need a crib for the baby and they were very prompt with any need like extra towels etc.

Room Tip: 104 average.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jerrome L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites during your recent visit to the area. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as we are always looking for ways to improve our service. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.