Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place
$118
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$119
Homewood
$114
$109
GardenInn.com
Super 8 by Wyndham Mount Laurel(Mount Laurel)(Great Value!)
$79
$74
$89
$101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenroom was cleanlaundry facilitiesthe staff was greatcracker barrelone night staystoveesasinklaurelcouchhighwayphiladelphia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We recently booked a suite for two nights, May 25/26, 2012 and arrived on Friday at 4:00 pm. We had stayed at this location about a year ago and it was satisfactory. Upon this arrival, we noticed that the lobby carpeting was grimey, soiled and stained. The hallway carpeting was no better. The room we were given on the first floor was equally disgusting; it smelled, the carpeting was gross, and the sleeper sofa fabric looked as though if you would sit on it, you could slide off without any resistance--grimey and greasy looking.
The desk clerk gave us a key to a room on the 2nd floor for a possible exchange, and it was no better. We drove a few blocks to Crawford Place and Candlewood Suites; booked a room there for the same two nights. It is very clean and very well cared for.
We returned to Extended Stay Deluxe and requested a credit to my AMEX card, which was processed by the manager-on-duty. She apologized for our displeasure of her hotel.
I have read several recent reviews of this hotel and they were good; I guess these people have low expectations for hotels in general or they are used to staying in disgusting places!
If you have any scrupples at all, do not stay here; there are several other extended stay hotels in Mount Laurel that are far better than this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill Z
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Bill,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

hotel room was fine, but breakfast was less than continental, disappointing, would look for another hotel, that perhaps offers a breakfast

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank madmax1965
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I regret that we did not make our offering more clear to you from the beginning.

Let me assure you that we are committed to your total satisfaction, and I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Let me begin by saying if you're looking for a luxurious visit to New Jersey, this is not what you're looking for. This hotel is perfect for someone passing through, someone who needs a hotel for business, or someone looking for a cheap hotel close to Cherry Hill and Philadelphia. The positives: location, price, convenience, comfort, cleanliness, friendly staff, the windows open, has a dvd player, shampoo and conditioner wasn't stocked but you could request complimentary shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, razor, shaving cream, comb, etc. The negatives: a bit outdated (still uses an old style comforter and blanket on the bed), the tv remote didn't work, no flat screen (still had a boxy tube), the walls were thin (I couldn't hear people in rooms next to me, but when they shut their door I thought someone was shutting my door, and I could hear cars leaving the parking lot at 5am). Hearing cars leaving the parking lot wasn't enough to wake me up, but if I was awake trying to fall back asleep, I was aware of it. Overall, none of the negatives were enough of a reason for me not to go back or not to recommend it, but the hotel could use some updating. If it was updated, I would give it 5/5. It was very comfortable and close to restaurants, bars, movies, malls, stores, and anything else you could want. For the price, you can't beat it. Use promo code ESH10 for an extra $10 off. And booking the day off should give you a lower price also.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are better. Check out the parking lot and try to get a room where fewer cars are parked. Use promo code ESH10 for an extra $10 off. Book the day of if possible to get the lowest price.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I am also grateful for your other positive comments; however, I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I have looked into the negative points you outlined, and will use your feedback to help make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is convenient to being off the New Jersey Turnpike.
I was in town to see the Mets play the Phillies - which is a 20 minute ride to the hotel (Mets won!)
It was clean and neat - the bed was very comfortable but the pillows sucked.
The fire alarm went off at 3am in the morning and I ran outside - only to wait 45 minutes for the fire department to come and shut it off.
Of course this kind of thing happens, but it would have been nice if the hotel had put a sign on the door apologizing for the inconvenience or the desk attendent say something.
I would stay again for a night if I was going to a game again - it was cheap - $60 better than Philly hotel prices for sure.
It was supposed to have free continental breakfast - I checked out at 8:30am NOTHING - no even coffee was put out.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

We are very sorry that the fire alarm went off, but of course are dedicated to the safety of all guests and glad that it was resolved and everyone was safe.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked for a three night stay at this property using Hotwire. I took note of the mediocre Tripadvisor reviews with some chagrin, but looked forward to the business center, complimentary breakfast and convenient location.

On arrival at the nominal 2 1/2 star Extended Stay Deluxe Mount Laurel, I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and was handed directions to the Extended Stay America in Cherry Hill. There was no warning or email in advance. Fortunately, I was driving a car on this visit and was not relying on the nearby Mount Laurel bus station or a taxi.

On arrival at the nominal 2 star Extended Stay America in Cherry Hill, I found no business center, no complimentary breakfast, and a four mile extra drive (roundtrip) to my local destination. The room at the Extended Stay Cherry Hill had some problems.
Bad news: There was a faintly sour smell in the bathroom. The desk light and twin lights by the bed did not appear to be working. I raised this with the front desk, noting that it was too dark to use the desk or to read in the bed without lights. The front desk warned that maintenance personnel were not on duty, but offered to send up housekeeping to check out the lights. The lights were not fixed during my three day stay.
Good news: The bedding, towels, kitchen utensils and dishes, and bath were reasonably clean. The carpet was pretty new. The room may have been partially renovated recently. The room was equipped with microwave, fridge, ironing board and iron, tube TV, pots and pans, dishes, desk chair, desk, easy chair and table. Free internet worked. Front desk staff members were good, handing out fresh towels and taking care of business with good cheer and reasonable efficiency.

Hints on Use: If you decide to book at Extended Stay, then bring your own……
(1) Tea and extra coffee -- Only one sachet of coffee is provided and it is not replaced.
(2) Shampoo and conditioner -- No toiletries apart from low quality soap bars provided.
(3) Plastic baggie for handling the TV remote – Don’t ask why. . .

Bottom Line:

This was not a satisfactory experience. I do not know if the overbooking was the fault of Hotwire or Extended Stay. I do know that this was a prepay. Had I tried to cancel my reservation, before or after reassignment, I would have received no refund. Some organization accepted a non-refundable payment for a room, sold that room to someone else and then substituted a property at a lower star level that lacked services that I valued.

My one star rating is based on the assumption that Extended Stay management bears some responsibility for selling a room twice and for understaffing maintenance.

As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

Had there not been an overbooking, I would have rated the Cherry Hill property with two stars.

Had there not been an overbooking and if the lights were working, I would have rated the Cherry Hill property with three stars.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Given the nature of our business, our guests often are not certain of their check-out date when they book their reservation. We work hard to verify whether checked-in guests need to extend their departure date. However, in very rare cases such as yours, an unexpected number of guests extend their stays simultaneously and we are unable to force them to check-out, resulting in an over-booked situation. While our guarantee policy provides for the location of and payment for the first night's stay for a guest whose reservation we cannot honor, I certainly recognize what an inconvenience this can be.