“Restaurant Only”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Restaurant Only”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am only commenting on my Restaurant Experience with a negative review......Attended a seminar recently and during the lunch break - which was not provided by the hotel or Lecture group although the 1 day seminar was like over $300 - I went to the restaurant to have lunch. I arrived at approx 12:10, ordered very soon thereafter and waited and waited and waited. I caught the hostesses attention after about 20 minutes and asked where my food was. There were only about 10 other people in the restaurant at the time and I was by myself so I do not know why no one noticed how long I was sitting looking around for someone to notice I had no food . About 15 minutes later they delivered my onion soup. By now it was 12:50 and my lunch was over at 1:00. At 12:56 they delivered my Caesar Salad, the only other thing I ordered which I then refused and stated that I needed to be back in class now. Since I had paid so much for the seminar, I did not want to miss anything of importance. I quickly chowed down the soup and got up to pay. I then complained to the hostess who then proceeded to ring the soup and salad up. She offered to bag the salad but I was not interested in eating the salad during a class nor was I interested in having a soggy salad later. No way was I paying for the salad. I commented that I could not believe how long it took to get the soup even, but yet she offered no concession at all. Not even a free lunch in the future or anything!!! I paid (for the soup and a coke), walked out, looked at my receipt and when the date times confirmed my situation got so annoyed that I even went back to comment how I could not believe they even had the nerve to charge me at all! They looked at me with a blank stare like they wouldn't even know what to do in a situation like that. Just unbelievable! Not like they were even crowed at all either. Just an overall Bad experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamMtLaurel, Director of Sales at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so sorry about your negative service experience in our restaurant. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers for review and for action. Your experience is not typical of the service level usually provided in our restaurant and we do not want you to be left with this experience as your lasting impression of our service abilities. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you, during lunch or dinner, so we may show you the superb service level we usually provide. Again, please accept our apologies and we hope to see you again soon!
The Staff & Management of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a lovely hotel. The location is perfect--close enough to Philly, but far away enough to have a suburban feel. The rooms were clean and comfortable; we always had plenty of towels and hot water which in my experience is fairly uncommon. The lounge was exceptionally nice, as the bartenders,Kimberly and Rebecca were professional, cordial and great fun to talk to. As well, the food was very good. Try the Portabello mushroom burger. It is truly awesome, and so are the wings! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments on your recent stay with us. Thank you also, for taking the time to specifically recognize Kimberly and Rebecca for their exceptional service. Although staff is praised by management for providing exceptional service, praise delivered directly by a guest they served is incomparable. I hope you will be staying with us again in the future and will have future opportunities to try more items on our menu!! Thank you again!
Very truly yours,
The Staff & Management of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I work for a Bank in the area, and live an hour+ from the office. I stay at this hotel 3 or 4 times a year,after late night meetings, dinners, when I have an early start for the next day. They always try to put me on the concierge level and have nothing but praise for the staff, and the price is a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamMtLaurel, Director of Sales at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
It is extremely nice to hear from a guest that stays with us several times a year. Receiving feed back from a guest that has stayed with us multiple times and in various guest rooms and interacted with various staff members is very valuable to us! We couldn't be more appreciative for the praise you offer our hard working staff members and are pleased you find our room rates a great value. We sincerely hope we will continue to have the pleasure of serving you as our guest!
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was part of the committee running a 5 day car club convention at the Wyndham in July. The hotel and staff were fine, the convention went smoothly. Angela followed through from beginning to end to ensure a successful event. Our room was nice, breakfast in the restaurant was good and quick. No complaints, I would recommend this hotel to anyone for business, pleasure or a convention.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel. It is always greatly appreciated when a guest takes the time to recognize a member of our staff. We are very pleased that you found all aspects of your stay enjoyable and we truly appreciate your willingness to recommend the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel to your colleagues. We sincerely hope we have the privilege of hosting your conference again in the future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 1, 2012

pretty clean. 2nd floor being renovated. Nice bar. restaurant understaffed (sticky table). friendly front desk people checked us in early because we had to get ready and go to an event at 4pm. covered, free parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel. We are pleased you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the benefits of our covered parking, however, we must apologize for the sticky table in the restaurant. Cleanliness is a number one priority for the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel and we are sorry that you were the victim of a cleanliness oversight. Your experience will be shared with the appropriate management and staff, so it may used as a training opportunity to ensure that future guests will not have a similar experience. Thank you again for providing your valuable feed back. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
Very truly yours,
Parkland, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a weekend and had
a wonderful time....the service was exceptional and the servers went out of
their way to make our guest feel welcomed. The Girls that served us made the whole evening a true experiance with their bubbly prsonalitites. The food was delicious except the chicken was raw in the center and they ran out of dessert, but the rest was very tasty! Rooms were very nice and comfy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamMtLaurel, Director of Sales at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We really appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge the delightful personalities of our food and beverage staff. Our staff members work very hard to please our guests and provide them with a superior customer service experience and they will all enjoy reading your recognition of their efforts! We are so sorry to hear that your chicken was not cooked thoroughly and that you ran out of desserts. Your comments have been forwarded to our Food and Beverage Director for review and action. However, we are pleased that this mishap did not spoil the enjoyment of your event and we are also very pleased that you found our sleeping rooms comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope that we have the pleasure of hosting a future event for you and your guests!
Sincerely, The Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel
Finland
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked this for a special price from Expedia and wasn't disappointed. It was great.

Club Level Executive King was very nice in every way. Everything was refurbished.
Location is very convient to I-95 or Downtown Philadelphia. Also Cherry Hill Mall is nearby.

Parking canopy is very practical on a sunny day.

We had some troubles with A/C but we were given a new room immediately.

Room Tip: Go for the Club Level Executive.