“Okay, but needs some updating”

Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati
“Okay, but needs some updating”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I'm a pretty seasoned traveller, spending about 90-100 days a year in hotels. So, I would consider myself pretty discerning in regards to details of hotels. The Wyndham in Mt. Laurel is a decent hotel. The room was relatively clean, but it did have a lingering smell of cigarette smoke and the room definitely needs some updating to compete with other 3 star hotels I've stayed in. The carpet, chairs and drapes are very old looking and outdated, and there were stains on the wall. The bathroom was pretty outdated too, and there were parts of the ceiling that are chipping off. I book almost all my hotels on price line and got a great rate for this place. Sometimes I wonder if because I booked on Priceline that hotel staff put me in one of their less desirable or outdated rooms. Definitely not one of the most luxurious hotels I've stayed in, but I can deal with it for one night. The staff was friendly at the front desk and the fact that parking and wifi are free are definitely a positive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We genuinely appreciate it when seasoned travelers post their reviews, as they are always fair and honest, as yours. You are correct that the room you occupied has not yet been updated. We are currently in the process of completing the few guestrooms that remain. Please know that the few rooms we have left to update are not deliberately assigned to Priceline guests. We value our Priceline travelers as much as any traveler we have the privilege of serving. We sincerely hope your busy travel schedule will provide us with another opportunity to have you as our guest. We would welcome and value your review of one of our updated rooms!

The Management & Staff of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
New York, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

my family and I booked this hotel via priceline.com for a last minute trip to philadelphia. the hotel was conveniently located right off the turnpike, and was close to everything we set out to visit. ample parking, no need to circle for a long time. the lobby was warm and inviting and the staff very cheerful and helpful. i wish i could give the hotel a 5 star review solely based on the staff, however the room itself needed to be updated, obvious water damage in the ceilings, numerous bugs. but all fixable
the bright spot came was the day after checkout when i was contacted by the hotel to notify me that i left my ipad behind in the room. they were kind enough to store it safely in the managers office, and kept in contact with me with regards to setting up a shipping arrangement to have it back to me asap. both kelli and rishi was very pleasant and on top of things.
the staff adds tremendous value to a hotel in need of a refreshing. i am able to look beyond the mediocre rooms knowing that the staff is dedicated to the guests of their establishmennt

Room Tip: being that we pricelined it, we did not have our choice of room. but our room contained all that we...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel C
WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team. Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My stay was excellent, the lady (Barbara?) in the 9th floor lounge was awesome..

I thought she was going to pinch my belly to make sure I ate enough! Perfect person for the position.

All your staff were very friendly, rooms were clean, beds were great.

If there was a negative to be found it would be the speed of the elevator… but heh.. you don’t make them so I won’t hold it against you!.

Great Hotel, Great stay.
Thanks,
J from Michigan.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our Club Lounge attendant and posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff to see. We continually strive to make our guests feel at home and completely satisfied when staying at our property. I hope we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.

The Staff & Management of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed overnight at the Wyndham Mt. Laurel for a wedding in the area….this was the “host” hotel.

I travel up to 60 days a year on business and pleasure, so I am pretty familiar with hotel offerings and I often stay in pretty decent properties when I travel. All my points are with Hilton, however this time we stayed at the Wyndham Mt. Laurel since it was where everyone else was staying.

I can’t figure out why, but this property didn’t really do anything for me. In fairness, I can’t come up with any specific reason as to why I thought the hotel was just “ok”. The property was very clean, the staff was very friendly and my room seemed to be recently refurbished as it was modern and up to date. We had a king room on the 7th floor overlooking the beautiful parking lot and a McDonalds and a closed down Bennigan’s across the street. Welcome to NJ!

This hotel appears to be more of a “business” hotel as there is a small conference center attached and there were several weddings staying at the property the same night. The lobby bar is pretty small, but cozy. The only issue was the bar area was too small when the several wedding parties arrived back to the hotel around 11pm and everyone headed to the bar for a “nightcap”. Not a huge deal….most churches aren’t built for Easter Sunday….

There is an indoor pool that I didn't use, but I took a peak and it was pretty basic, but seemed perfect if you were staying with kids and needed to kill a few hours "at the pool".

The actual property (from the outside) seemed to be very old, however renovated to the point that you didn’t notice from the interior. When I pulled into the parking lot, I was a little concerned, but after I walked inside it was clear that over time some decent money was sunk into the joint to keep it looking modern.

Our room was nice. Quiet from exterior noise and decently appointed. Couldn’t find anything negative. I need some “white noise” when I sleep and the A/C provides a nice background hum, which I like. Some of the “newer” properties I have recently stayed have “silent” HVAC units and I hate sleeping in library quiet settings.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. For the $89/night room rate we paid, I would say that it was a great value and this is a decent rate for a “business class” hotel in the Northeast, especially minutes from Philadelphia. Had I paid more, I probably would have been disappointed.

So I got what I paid for. Would I stay there again? Probably not only because I know there are better properties in the immediate area and I am willing to pay a "premium", for "premium", especially at a Hilton property so I can get the points. But for most travelers, you will likely be happy with this hotel, especially if you are paying under $100 a night for the room. It is clean, modern, apperas to be well managed and is a decent value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgeRohman
WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We greatly appreciate your recognition of the cleanliness of our hotel and friendly staff. Our hotel is a great location for wedding blocks due to the reasonable price and full-service features – bar, restaurant and indoor pool – of the hotel.

While our hotel did not appeal to your personal taste, we do appreciate your honest review of our amenities and services. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Mount Laurel, NJ area, you will choose to stay at our hotel again.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great Rooms. Great Value. Love the room service. Great Parking. LOVE THE BARTENDERS!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Wyndham for 6nights while back visiting her family in the area. I can't say enough good things about the staff here. The front desk staff was awesome they always said hi to us and asked us how are stay was. The house keeper for our room did a awesome job our room was SPOTLESS everyday. The pool, pool area, and work out room was clean and very nice. I did not use the room service because we left in the morning and came back late at night. I loved the Wolfgang Puck Coffee maker and coffee in my room. In fact I was talking to the lady and the front desk about it and I told her I drink a lot of coffee and she asked if I needed more coffee I said sure when I came back that night I had more coffee on my door handle. The little things like that is what sets this place apart from the others. We where going to leave after the Phillies game on Thursday night and because of the service I decided to stay and extra night and leave the next day. I will see you guys in August when we come back I hope this time I get the same floor or maybe the 9th floor with a view out the front of the hotel and not the back lol..
The hotel is close to I-295 and the NJ Turnpike and is 16 short miles to the sports complex in Philly. 12miles from Independence Visitor Center and Center City . There is a Wawa gas and food market right next door.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor and that is the preferred gust level. We stayed in room 820 and it had a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review of the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel. We are very happy that we were able to exceed all your expectations during your stay regarding our staff, room accommodations, amenities and location of the hotel. Our staff prides itself on customer service and we are ecstatic that your expectations were met.

Thank you once again for being a loyal customer and we look forward to welcoming you back again in August.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently spent one night at this hotel (room 411). The lobby smelled like chlorine and my room smelled like wet gyms socks. There were dirty towels on the floor outside my room when I arrived (6pm). They were still there when I checked out the next morning at 9:15am. Someone from housekeeping knocked on my door prior to departure - it would have been impossible for them to miss the towels on the floor. The remote only worked if I stood no more than 1 ft. from the TV. Paint was peeling off the wall in the bathroom and everything in the shower vibrated when I turned the hot water on. The bar looks very tired and worn. The only bright spot was our lovely bartender, Rebecca. Very friendly and efficient! I advised the front desk staff of the issue with the TV when I checked out and they apologized. I really didn't see any point in bringing the rest of the issues to their attention as I do not plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamMtLaurel, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the staff and management here at the Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel Hotel, we sincerely apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay at our hotel.

Please be assured that this is not a regular occurrence in our hotel and that all your issues were addressed with the appropriate departments. In addition, thank you for bringing this to our attention as it is surveys like yours that can only help us improve our hotel.

We will also be sure to pass along your positive comments regarding our bartender.

If your travel plans bring you back to the Mount Laurel, NJ area in the future, we hope you will consider staying at our hotel again.