“My Stay”

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Depew
“My Stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I was there for the Newport Jazz Fest and was happy with the room except for 2 things. 1) the outlets in the bathroom were too far away from the sink. 2) the television did not receive all the channels listed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is a welfare hotel stay away!!!!!!
The bed sucks you into the middle, the air conditioner bangs all night, dirty !! Broken chair, broken wall sockets, exposed electrical sockets, drawers missing in dresser, old food left in refrigerator, this night was a nightmare,I will never come back !!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank danielhaines

Travelers are raving about these Mount Laurel hotels

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Ok if you are in the hospitality business maybe you should make sure you can handle the public. When first entering this hotel you are a greeted with all these different signs and posters in the window stating all kinds of different things some relevant to the hotel and others not so much. When I first checked in I got the room key all seemed good. Go to the room and to my surprise the room was still occupied. Go to the front desk and after waiting to be helped again because they only have one person on duty at one of the busiest times of the day for a hotel, so I had to wait about 15 minutes just to ask for another room and to complain that they put me in a room that was already occupied. Then the receptionist proceeds to tell me no, no one is in that room so I told him then maybe you should tell that to the guy that is in the room who is refusing to leave. Having to wait an additional 10 minutes so he could have someone go to the room to make sure I wasn't lying about someone being in the room. Person comes back and said yes someone is in there. Receptionist then says well I will give you another room. I am like you think. Get a new room knock on the door this time before putting the key in the door no one answers so I think I am good. I open the door slowly not sure to believe that there isn't someone in there. No one was in this second room but I run into the people that were in front of me at the front desk and I tell them of my first room having someone in it so they may want to knock before going in. So they knock and get no answer so they try the key and go in and guess what the room was occupied. Persons luggage was in the room and everything and the receptionist had told me if there was a problem with this room he put me in this time there wasn't anything they could do because they just gave me the last room. I let these people know this and they ran right in and see if one was available. Not sure if they got lucky with another room or not because I had to leave but the other part of the group they were with had asked for a non-smoking room and guess what. Yup if you guessed they got a smoking room you would be right. This place is pathetic. Would have changed hotels if another one had a room but none in the area did. Never staying here again. Oh and just found a couple of holes in the sheet. What the hell people can't you take a little pride in your place and make sure the guest at least has no holes in the damn sheets. Also no toilet seat cover on the toilet 3 people in our party only enough towels for two, furniture all beat up and varnish pealing, microwave and mini-fridge were ok but located in the middle of the floor by the window instead of closer to the wall, no blanket between the top cover and the sheet. No way was I putting that top cover on me. Refused to step on the floor without something on my feet, step up to the room and bathroom with no signs indicating as such and almost fell and ceiling tiles were moldy and didn't sit flush. Knights Inn sucks. Again, I would have changed hotels if it could have.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Gaffney, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My Daughters and I had to travel to Shriner's Childrens Hospital in Philadelphia. 1st rm we were in, bathroom flooded (shower head broke and only pointed outward in handicap shower, moved to another room next day, toilet got clogged and overflowed, manager showed me where the plunger was. I had to fix/clean up myself. Pillows are flatter than drywall, no extra pillows, had to buy some at Walmart. Towels? what a joke, 4 people and a baby and I had to always ask for towels, which there never were any. If I did get lucky, they gave me one set. I had to beg and get manager involved to get towels when toilet overflowed. Lamp shades dirty, one light didn't work at all, shelf to hang clothes was broke and apparently the air conditioner units are too heavy and in both rooms they were propped up by a brick.
I called the Wyndham Group which Knights Inn is a part of, I was on hold twice for over 20 minutes. Finally spoke to Customer Service, explained about my/our stay and said if I had, had the money I would have stayed at the Wyndham hotel that was right next door. Told her its a shame this Knights Inn is associated with the Wyndham name.I was told I get a call back concerning my visit. I received a call from the manager at this Knights Inn and the funny thing is he remembered me. He offered me 20% off the next time I'm in area, told him I didn't think I'd be staying there again (and I will be making several trips back for my daughter). Asked him to send me an email with the details and as of yet I haven't received anything. Very disappointed with the hotel, customer service and customer satisfaction. Would I stay here again, NO. Would I recommend it, NO. I've stayed at cheaper hotels/motels that were better. Price isn't exactly cheap but probably lower than others in the area.

Room Tip: Don't ask for handicap room 126 or regular room 226
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family