“Clean hotel for a good price”
Review of The Hotel ML

The Hotel ML
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed as part of a travelzoo deal with the waterpark. It was nice to be able to just walk down to the room and take a break. We stayed on a Sunday night. You could tell there were A LOT of kids staying at this hotel. If you aren't a fan of staying in places with small children this is probably not the hotel for you! :) The room was very clean. The one duvet cover looked a bit discolored and the balcony door handle was broken but still functional. I think they did forget to clean the balcony as there was a towel hanging and some cigarette butts and a cup of butts that our one year old proceeded to find. All in all smooth check-in and check-out. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Missnoellian,

I'm happy to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay at our water resort and hotel and that you hopefully have plans to return. We do offer a unique experience for families to take quick getaways for the weekend. If you are ever looking for a deal, please be sure to visit us at NJCoCoKey.com.

I would like to apologize about the broken balcony door, but am happy to note that we are in the process of replacing all the doors/handles on the first floor. Hopefully something you will be able to take advantage of when you return.

Thanks again for choosing CoCo Key Water Resort.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel so many times.. Priscella at the front desk is one of the best customer service rep at this hotel. She is friendly and always eager to help you.

Hotel is good too.. Recently they did change the cable to digital cable with one disadvantage.. They don't have HBO or any movie channels anymore.

Chain hotels like Fairfield - Hilton etc have more than 3-4 HBO channels while ML has none.. Its bad when you travel for work and there is nothing you can watch in the rooms.

WISH the management adds HBO or some movie channels to their lineup.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to elevators..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Uandme M,

Thank you for your loyalty to The Hotel ML. We know you have many options when traveling to the areas and are happy you continue to chose us.

We did recently make the switch to digital cable, providing a greater number of channels at a higher quality. The project was done in conjunction with our upgraded wireless internet-almost tripling the speeds guests are able to receive in their rooms.

Thank you for your suggestion about adding a movie channel. I will be sure this suggestion is brought up for review.

Thank you again for your business.

Rachel

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this location for a group meeting and I completely enjoyed the hotel! It was spacious and felt like a top notch resort! They had a great bar in the lobby and very modern furniture throughout the entire hotel! I would recommend this location to anyone staying in Mt. Laurel to visit this hotel for fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Top Floor! So you can view the city!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Missgermany1971,

That you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor about your current stay at our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you had such a positive experience while staying with your group, we truly love servicing group stays here at the hotel.

I hope you will come back to visit us again soon, whether it be to use our indoor water park or head into downtown Philadelphia, only 15-20 min away from our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I bid for a "3 star" room in Mount Laurel, and was given the "3.5 star" Hotel ML. I just don't understand how this hotel is rated as a "3.5 star" property. Yes, it's got a nice lobby, a restaurant, banquet facilities, a decent-looking outdoor pool and an indoor water park. My room was nothing special at all and not as clean as it should have been. I've stayed at 2.5 star places that were newer, nicer and generally kept in better condition. I think this hotel could benefit from much-needed room updates as well as franchising with a larger hotel company. That way, they would hopefully be more inclined to follow that hotel company's brand standards.

Room Tip: If you pay over $100 to stay here, you are paying way too much.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

A C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Hotel ML I appreciating you sharing some of your challenges, so we are better able to improve with each guest's stay.

I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper to address some of of the concerns you mentioned. I assure you we hold our staff and manager to very high standards of cleanliness and I am truly sorry you were unable to experience that during your stay.

I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to host your stay in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

One of the worst experience for a family of four with two young kids. Came here for the water resort. Not family friendly at all- dirty, overcrowded, and Unaatentive/rude staff. Also please be aware- pass for the water resort is not included. There is no such discount to the water park for staying at the hotel so why stay here?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joey L
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The best part of the hotel is the staff! I have been to 5+ star hotels and resorts and the people that work at Hotel WL rival any one of them! They are beyond accomodating, friendly, courteous and make you feel like you are their most important guest! The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are large, prisitne bedding, clean and have new bathrooms. I would LOVE this hotel BUT during the day the clientele that came in to use the waterpark was not a desireable bunch. I did not feel safe and was uncomfortable having my kids hear the horrific language and demeanor of many of these people. Fortunately when the waterpark closed they left. At night it was a completely different clientele. I am not sure I would return because it was THAT bad during the day. It would be better if only the people staying at the hotel were allowed to use the waterpark but it is open to the public. Other than that the place is very nice and an amazing value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at The Hotel ML from July 11 through July 13 as part of a large social group having an event. The front desk staff did very well checking in a lot of people quickly (there was also a family reunion and 2 wedding parties at the hotel the same time). However, there were air conditioning issues in a number of the rooms when we checked in. My room was fine, if not as clean as I would hope. I expect that when one guest checks out, the housekeeping staff not only cleans the room but checks the dresser drawers, bathroom and refrigerator. Imagine my surprise when I found 3 bottles of beer and a trail of Dorito crumbs in the fridge. Soap was missing from the bathroom as well.

For a non-smoking hotel that requires you to sign a release saying you'll pay $250 if they catch you smoking, I'd expect not to have a bedskirt that has cigarette burns on it. The sofabed in the room could have used a good cleaning and the furniture was a little worn down - chipped in various places. Two outlets in the room didn't work either. (I reported all of this to the front desk staff and they were apologetic but . . . )

On the plus side, the bartender (Anthony) managed to keep up with the drink requests from huge numbers of people both nights when I visited the bar and did so cheerfully and quickly. The food from the restaurant was very good and there are lots of options for food within easy driving distance if you don't want to pay the higher prices at the hotel.

The room rate was expensive for what we got so I don't expect to go back again. The main appeal of the hotel seems to be the water park but there are lots of stairs involved getting into it and out of it and - with all the wet surfaces - that type of going up and down stairs seems like an accident waiting to happen.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends