“Good place to stay for a Family weekend getaway”
Review of The Hotel ML

The Hotel ML
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
South Jersey
“Good place to stay for a Family weekend getaway”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just stayed here this past weekend. Had the special - one night stay and 2 days in the waterpark. we have 2 young kids (below 5), so the trip was for them. The hotel is no longer a Marriott, but still is decent. The hotel needs to be refreshed a little bit, not terrible, but now new feeling. Upon arrival, we were allowed to check in early (11AM), which was great since we were able to unpack and change and hit the waterpark. The waterpark isnt that big so the kids had enough after 90 min. It was very crowded also. I think the ideal age for the waterpark would be between 5-11 years old do to height restrictions and such, Kids still had fun though. Our hotel room was on the 9th floor close to the elevators, which you could hear running all the time. not horrible, but definitely noticable if you are a light sleeper. The room was fine, nothing special - bed comfortable and pull out sofa couch was used too (not that comfortable, but didnt expect it to be). The staff was very pleasant. Front desk very courteous and great to talk to. I would like to send out a very appreciative Thank You to the Bell Captain - Allen O'Brien. we were across the street at Miller's Ale House and our daughter fell asleep in the restaurant. We called him and he drove over and picked us up. It would have only been a 5 minute walk, but carrying 2 kids would have been brutal. Also, he was very helpful with our bags during check in and Check out. If you ever need a ride anywhere, ask for Allen - he'll hook you up!

Room Tip: Dont get a room near the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank deryckp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel overnight from March 23-24. I wouldnt say my experience was the best. I booked this hotel to take my kids to Coco Keys for a spring break treat. I was given room 906 upon check-in. We quickly changed clothes and headed down to the water park. Coco Keys was good for the kids, however the "adult only" spa had children under 18 patronizing the area, as well as a specific group of adults who stayed way pass the 15 minute limit and they were also fully clothed. I don't know if its a cultural thing where they don't where bathing suits, but not only is it disgusting, it's a full violation of your dress policy that was posted upon entering the water park area. There was nobody there to enforce it. After a couple hours in the park we headed back to the room. I turned on the air to 90 degrees because the children were cold. Nothing but cool air came out. I called the front desk and they said they would send an enigerneer up. I kept hearing a loud noise like a motor running. The noise would come and go about every 2 mins. I went to the front desk where I spoke to a front desk manager Desiree. She informed me the noise I was hearing was from the service elevator and I was in an 06 room that I would constantly hear that noise until about 10-11 pm when people settled down and stopped calling housekeeping and room service. I then asked to switch rooms since I was traveling with children who wouldn't be able to sleep with the noise. I was then informed that the hotel was sold out and we would have to basically deal with the noise. Why would one build rooms behind a service elevator and why wasn't I informed of this at check-in? Needless to say we had a sleepless night.

Room Tip: do not get a room ending in 06
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Janine J
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very rundown, not clean, musty and nasty!! Came to this hotel as part of a wedding party. I don't know how anyone who at least showers daily could rate this place four or five stars. No wonder the Marriott got rid of it. It is need of allot of work. Cracked toilet bowl, furniture where the finish is coming off and a bed that has a hole in the middle. Not very nice.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jraven57
Delhi
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nicely built up and maintained property, very spacious rooms, good internet, excellent breakfast spread and good professional services. Little offbeat location but good value for money. I shall recommend it to my friends with great conviction

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kuessnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

As my favorite hotel nearby "Aloft" was sold out I had to try the ML. What a bad experience!
The room was smelling as the air wouldn't have circulated for months. As the room was freezing cold I turned on the heating to max. After 20 min. It was still blowing cold air and and it was late and I was very tired I didn't feel to change room. Boy what wrong decision. I had to cover my blanket with clothes and despite that got a cold. All few minutes an annoying generater disturbed my sleep. As I tried to drink some water I hit the dispenser on the 7th floor. Unfortunately plain water was sokd out. So I worked my way down to the 2nd floor without success. Come on! Is it soooo difficult to make sure you can provide for $2 water per bottle in a hotel? By the way in the Aloft you get 2 bottles per day for free! Then Wifi was also crap. It kicks you constantly out every few minutes and you only realize it when a roaming charge hits your screen. Very annoying as I am from Switzerland and they charge you crazy. Finally waking up in the morning I experienced the best part of my stay. I could check out and leave...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michel J
NC
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is not terrible by any means, however it suffers from "non-affiliation syndrome." By this I mean that certain standards one would see from a chain hotel are lacking. These are standards often overlooked until lacking such as paint, impeccable upkeep and maintenance, as well as room cleaning standards.

There are decent common areas, however, the rooms - although large - are a bit dank and musty. To put this in a bit of context, the rooms seem as though they were once smoked in years ago and you just cannot get the smell out. In permeates the air system and walls. The wallpaper is dated and stained in washrooms as well.

Overall, would I recommend the hotel to a friend or colleague, not really. If you are looking for a deal, perhaps it is a place to go, but there are other places that are affiliated which will deliver more consistent quality for value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for a few days right after Tropical Storm Sandy. The room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Linda at the front desk was very helpful, and accomodating. This was once a full service Marriott, so it still has the accomdations of a Marriott ( Bed, Television, etc.).

Room Tip: Ask for Linda at the Front Desk. She is very helpful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family