“Hotel ML offers good value, location, and friendly staff”
Review of The Hotel ML

The Hotel ML
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a great time in my hometown area (Philadelphia) while staying in New Jersey. Hotel ML has easy access to several major New Jersey routes (including Interstate 295 and Route 73 NJ). Being only 15 minutes from the Camden RiverSharks stadium, I took several drives there (even once to see a game), but mostly to see the great views of Philadelphia from across the Delaware. I also drove across the Betsy Ross, Ben Franklin, and Tacony-Palmyra bridges (the Hotel has easy access to several bridges leading towards Philly) to visit family, see my old schools, and walk along beautiful Penn's Landing where concerts are held near the Seaport Museum. The "Spirit of Philadelphia" and "Moshulu" dock at Penn's Landing leaving regularly on great cruises that wow locals and tourists alike. Don't be surprised on the S.O.P. if one of the featured singers comes right up to your table to serenade you. Good times after within easy reach of this hotel !

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor so I can only recommend asking for a room there. It was pretty quiet. One...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 13, 2012

As a frequent business traveler, Hotel ML had everything I was looking for and more. The hotel is newly redecorated and very comfortable. The rooms are nicely decorated, the beds comfortable and the hotel was very clean. There are large flat screen tv's, reliable internet and they will be happy to provide a wake up call. The staff of this hotel is really warm and efficient. There is a nice bar and great food for super prices. I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

For families with children in the summer, there is a very nice pool and a water park adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: I booked my room facing the pool as it's away from the highway and very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank victoria_austin_11
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I want to thank this Hotel for a wonderfull two nights. I will use this hotel each and every time i am anywhere near it. The Staff the GM all the people are really nice . All most like being home.

Again Thanks

Room Tip: Get a room on the 10th floor . you have your on private lounge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I love this place! It's only an hour and change from my home in Manhattan. Everyone was invested in making our experience worthwhile. From the welcome by the front desk staff (especially Linda and Priscilla), to housekeeping staff who brought fresh pool towels upon request, to the wait staff at Thalias (Tia was super.) My four children loved Coco Key and the ML pool. I loved the hot tub. I am definitely locking Hotel ML in for an annual vacay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here recently with our young daughters while moving our son back into college in Philly. We choose this location based on the water park. It was quick and easy to get in and out of the city and centrally located to other hotels and restaurants.

The hotel was just ok. We were in a double room on the first floor, close to the water park which was a good location. It's important to note that the double rooms only have full size beds in them, not queens. We found the room clean. Upon entering the bathroom it was clean and updated. The only exception was the air vent on the wall which was just plain filthy and caked with dust. The furniture in the guest room could be updated and was worn and chipped in many visible spots which was not appealing at all. There were only two bath towels in the room, but housekeeping quickly brought more. For some reason though they took them all the next day (even the clean ones) and only left us two again. That irked me and we again had to call housekeeping to bring more towels. The water park is truly geared for the younger set up to age 10 or so. Out of the three larger slides only one was working the whole weekend. The changing rooms were filthy and we saw two roaches while sitting in the food area while watching our daughters. Not pleasant. We probably will not return to the water park again. With all the other hotels in the area we would more than likely choose another simply for the larger beds.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lara B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a Groupon deal for 3 days 2 nights and paid in advance for a 3rd extra night. The room itself was okay with the exception of there being no screens on the sliding door so you couldn't just simply get fresh air in so it was a bit musty. The maid service was friendly but any request (a pillow request, etc.) took not only a few calls but a couple of trips to the front desk. The restaurant service was TERRIBLE and I work in the restaurant industry for 25 years and understand some of the problems that arise but there was no room service and when I asked if I could order over the phone and come pick it up they said NO - so I went to the restaurant at 7:30 ordered (after I was ignored and skipped over by staff) had the icecream and cheesecake waiting on the table at 8:00 and got my food at 8:30 - brought it up to my room and there where no sides and/or wrong sides and raw fish - maybe if I wanted sushi that would've been ok. My daughter, son, myself, a friend, her daughter all got hurt in the pool for their lack of warning of a drop upon entering the pool. The best part is that upon checking out they insisted that I did not pay for the extra night - which I did - and tried to call the police. When I returned home I emailed the Manager about 7 times requesting the contact information for the Owner of the Hotel and not only did I get no response for that I just never - while I was there or after - even got an apology. Maybe I will get a response this way - bu the BBB is always an option still.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get room service - bring snacks
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The room was great, and the desk attendant upgraded us to a suite with no charge! Everything was great EXCEPT for the breakfast. I warn you, bring your own food because there will only be cold foods and sour fruit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com