“Groupon purchased for $92.00” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel ML

The Hotel ML
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Blackwood, NJ
“Groupon purchased for $92.00”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I bought this one night stay from Groupon. Let me start by stating that I came in and I thought I was going to write an awsome and positive review. We stayed at the hotel on Sat, 2/11/12. We had four occupants in total, 2 adults and 2 pre-teens. Upon arrival it was a mad house full of people. However, check in was relatively fast providing the amount of people checking in at 2pm and I received a bottle of wine. Nice Touch! Room was relatively big and spacious except the small bathroom. The Coco Key facility was surprisingly big and spacious. Not a whole lot of rides but good enough especially for small kids. My 12 year old daughter loved it! Food was high priced but it is to be expected. Alcohol beverages were reasonably priced. I was able to keep my eyes on my girls while hanging at the eating and drinking area. I especially loved the part in-door and part out-door hot tub. My husband and I spent quite a while at the outside part of the hot tub. It was quite nice. They also have an arcade. My daughter and her best friend spent 1 1/2 hr with only $20.00 and they came back with lots of goodies. Had this been Dave & Buster we would have spent quite a lot more money. No menus at the room for room service. Once we ordered for a menu from the front desk, we called room service. Took a while but food arrived and it was pretty good. Everything was going good until sleeping time. The room was awfully HOT and I put the thermostat to 50 degree and it still felt like 70 degree. AWFUL!!!! But it was way too late to call and see if we could get another room. So, what do you do? You put up with it. Finally I was able to fall asleep to be awaken at 8am by roudy small kids YELLING out of the top of their lungs. I waited a whole hour before I finally had enough and went out to the hallway and screamed for them to SHUT UP!!. These were like 3 and 1 year old kids playing outside of their room right on the hallway unsupervised. I couldn't believe it! So, these parents didn't want to hear their own kids racket but they expect everyone else to put it with their rowdiness? These parents had NO consideration for the rest of us that would have liked to sleep beyond 8am. Just because its a kids environment doesn't mean you let them loose to get in trouble. I'm all about the kids but that type of behavior is unacceptable. Breakfast for free for 2. It was nice except they don't have a lot of choices. They didn't have one of the most basic food (sausage). Check out was easy.

Overall I would go back again at that a low price only.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank chiquitarica_98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Booked one night stay at Hotel ML with a CoCo Key waterpark package. I stayed during a weeknight (Thursday) and my family practically had the place to ourselves. The staff was friendly, the room had nice decor, and came with a small refrigerator and microwave (neither which we had any use for, but for some that could be a big plus). The outsideof the hotel looked remodeled and nice. The only complaints I could have was that upon arrival the room was freezing, but once the heat was on it warned up. I found two old grapes and a small kids toy in the cormer of the room that the cleaning staff must have missed while cleaning. And, the bathroom fan was extremely loud. Other than these minor issues, the hotel was fine for the purpose of staying over night after use of the attached waterpark. For the price of the hotel stay and waterpark package for four ($189.00), I found it to be reasonable and I would stay again. There was nothing outstanding about the place, but nothing to really complain about.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wallkill, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here and it was the worst! Where to begin? Of course you expect a water park hotel to have kids, but be ready to be up until midnight with kids scraming in the hallways. We had to call security several times just to get some sleep. Then around 3 am we have some obviously drunk adults walking the halls. The walls are pape thin and you can hear everything in the next room. The decore is dirty and dated, the few nice imenities were like lipstick on a pig. There is no way this should be rated anything over 2 1/2 stars. I should have spent a little more money and booked the Westin next door.

Room Tip: Try to get the corner room for less noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Unimpressed48792
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel ML after purchasing a Groupon for Coco Key. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very pleasant and accomodating front desk attendant, who kindly gave us a corner king room, affording us more space with two young children. The check-in process itself was seamless. Upon arrival in our room, we were pleased with the space and were able to have our daughter's pack-n-play and son's air bed in the room along with our luggage, etc and had more than enough room. I did find the rooms to be a bit worn and in need of some updating. We found the walk to the water park to be a bit far, especially with a stroller. It often took some time for the elevator to arrive. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and found the food to be reasonable and priced well. I would have liked there to be more information in the room itself, including menus for the restaurant, local attractions, etc. (or maybe they do have them and ours was simply missing). The hotel is conviently located right off of 295.
Check-out was chaotic and took more time than I would have liked. The lobby was filled with people who didnt seem to know quite what to do. The staff seemed very overwhelmed.
I am sure at the urging of our son, we will return to this hotel, although would love to see some updated interiors!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SunshineNJ
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Was a little afraid since the hotel was changed from the "Marriot Mount Laurel" to "The Hotel ML". A de-branded hotel scared me- but I was pleasantly surprised with a newly renovated hotel with spacious, clean rooms, and a very courteous and attentive staff. Better kept than many Marroit's that i've been to. There is a mid sized indoor water amusement park attached called "Coco Keys" which is great fun for the kids (I have a 5 & 8 year olds- perfect!) We actually came down here for another indoor water park just 12 minutes down the road called Sahara Sam's and this was very similar. Keep in mind the water park in the hotel is closed Wednesday. When I had a problem with the AC not working properly (it was an unseasonably warm January and i'm one of the few people that likes a/c in the winter) the front desk person promptly gave me a new room for the remainder of my stay at the top floor that has a balcony (and a door that i can open if it gets too hot). The room with the King sized bed and the pullout full sofa bed comfortably slept me, wife, and two kids. Bathrooms were nice & shower water has good pressure. Whenever i called for something ( towels, more coffee) it was sent up to the room promptly. Check in & check out was smooth and there was ample parking not too far from the entrance. The area surrounding has many nice hotels and restaurants to choose from. There's tons of malls & shopping centers within a few miles too. I will definitely be back again with the kids!

Room Tip: The top floor has rooms with balconies and are cooler.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Oakton, Va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

This former Marriott and former Renaissance is tired and worn out. I stayed here for a single night and booked through Hotwire. Hotwire rated this 3.5 stars and I was quick to complain to Hotwire that they were way off. The room was threadbare and dirty (not filthy or disgusting...but there were dust bunnies and a few scraps of paper left over from the prior guest....something you may expect at a roadside "no-tell Motel" but not at a 3.5 star property. The desk chair had burn holes...the wooden furniture was chipped....and the bed linens did not properly fit the bed (the fitted sheet left the bottom 20% of the mattress exposed). The room had a generally bad smell....again, not disgusting...just not fresh and clean...somewhat stale. When I asked for a late check-out, the front desk clerk rudely told me in heavily accented English that check-out time was 11 a.m. so the best they could do was Noon. I was fine with this...if the delivery hadn't been so rude. As it turned out, I didn't use the late check-out and was gone by 9:00 a.m. There was some construction going on right outside the front entrance (looked like electrical work) which was a little awkward as the tradesman blocked the entrance with their trucks and were kicking up all sorts of dust...but surprisingly, there was no noise in the room. For the price I paid through Hotwire and given that all I needed was a place to spend the night before a business meeting, I was OK with the place....but it is far from a 3.5 star property and I am not the slightest bit surprised that they keep losing franchises....I presume for failing to meet chain standards.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

The room was clean, nothing fancy and the park was fun for our 6 yr old son. It's worth a trip w kids

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Happytravelinfamily
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
HappyTravelinFamily,

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and water resort and am glad your son had a good time.

I hope during your next visit that you will be able to try out some of our experience enhancers, such as dinner and a magic show in the evening, our Swim Like a Fish Package that includes tickets to the Adventure Aquarium or our State of the Art Arcade.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Rachel Klekman